Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

SAT: Maintenance worker fired after stealing laptop, iPod & two watches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags

In their coverage of misdeeds committed by City of San Antonio workers, KSAT mentioned an airport theft. Here's the article:

KSAT:
City workers fired, resign over alleged thefts
Theft of time, materials included

Published On: Feb 09 2012 06:54:57 PM CST
Updated On: Feb 09 2012 10:00:30 PM CST

Here is a short quote of the article:
Another example of where a long-term city employee lost a job and benefits because of a poor decision occurred at the airport. There, a maintenance worker found a bag and evidence showed that instead of turning it in, she kept it.

Security video caught the theft by Aurora DeLeon. The bag included a laptop computer, iPod and two watches. DeLeon admitted pawning them for $190.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: PC Plat/Amb
Another example of where a long-term city employee lost a job and benefits because of a poor decision occurred at the airport. There, a maintenance worker found a bag and evidence showed that instead of turning it in, she kept it.

Security video caught the theft by Aurora DeLeon. The bag included a laptop computer, iPod and two watches. DeLeon admitted pawning them for $190.

She and the others lost good jobs because of momentary weaknesses.

Momentary weaknesses?

She took the items, then pawned them. This certainly wasn't a "momentary" event.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I wonder if this bag was in the sterile area of the airport. For that matter, I wonder if this worker had access to the sterile area of the airport.

Another reason for regularly updated background checks and screening of all airport employees at beginning and end of shift.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
I wonder if this bag was in the sterile area of the airport. For that matter, I wonder if this worker had access to the sterile area of the airport.

Another reason for regularly updated background checks and screening of all airport employees at beginning and end of shift.
I had those same questions. Pretty good take for just taking a random bag.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I had those same questions. Pretty good take for just taking a random bag.
Particularly two loose watches in the same bag. Wonder if she was working in collusion with someone else.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by chollie

Yeah, why not? He did not required to screening his background check. He failed to follow the rules. If he capable enough. He cannot accept work at airport anymore. He will have find someplace else. His behavior is not acceptable to stealing the ipod, laptop and watches. He will accused to steal the personal items and etc. He could be arrested for that. He will go to jail. That's bottom line!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:52 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She should apply for a job with the TSA.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ari
No, actually, she work for city.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ari
Richmond would probably take her.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think ever they hired her. She will not able work at airport anymore. She have find someplace else. I said they won't hired her.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:26 am
Suspended

TSA at Newark would definitely hire her. And she'd probably still be a step up from their current crop.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Caradoc
TSA at Newark would definitely hire her. And she'd probably still be a step up from their current crop.
I don't think ever TSA hiring her. Because she was trouble from her previously job. That mean no one would hired her.

She cannot accepted work at airport anymore. She is not allowed to work at airport for a long time. That's bottom line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.