Wiki Posts
Search

A good Patrick Smith column at Salon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

A good Patrick Smith column at Salon

http://www.salon.com/2012/02/03/defe...tsa/singleton/

I sense that public opinion has been turning against the TSA for the past few months. There are still plenty of "Anything for security, prevent another 9/11"-types, but just from reading the comments of articles, I'm seeing many more anti-TSA posts

Of course, it's all meaningless unless it leads to real change.

So, the question is, how do we effect that change?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:26 pm
Suspended

She doesn’t look. “Sorry. You cannot bring this through.”

“But …”

Plop. She throws my aloe into a waste barrel.
How is this "voluntarily surrendered?" To me, that looks like confiscation and disposal...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Caradoc
How is this "voluntarily surrendered?" To me, that looks like confiscation and disposal...
You should know better. He voluntarily surrendered it because he volunteered to take his trip. He could have easily canceled his ticket and kept his hand lotion.

Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by saulblum
You should know better. He voluntarily surrendered it because he volunteered to take his trip. He could have easily canceled his ticket and kept his hand lotion.

You channel the mental defectives of the TSA very well.

Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
great article - touches on all points of the futility, insanity and dishonesty of the TSA^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.