Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP- improper screening of bags

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 6:49 am
Original Poster

MSP- improper screening of bags

Allegations of improper screening of oversize bags and a hostile work environment bring federal investigators.

http://ksax.com/article/stories/S241...html?cat=10230
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Priority Platinum, National Executive
The TSA makes my work-related travel a "hostile work environment" on every single trip...maybe I should file a harassment claim!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Maybe this is where the fired TSO's from HNL ended up?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...12-others.html
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by goalie
Maybe this is where the fired TSO's from HNL ended up?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...12-others.html
Yeah, don't you remember this? That was 28 screeners were fired from TSA in HNL. It was improper unscreened the bag from CTX-5500/CT-80 machine at ticket lobbies. No one should be improper the bag from CTX machine.

They will taken the action against TSA in MSP. They should have screened the bag through inline baggage screening system. They have to do it. If they find out for which TSO who did not follow the rules. They could be fired from airport. If they will get disciplinary action against TSO. On whether if they find out who did not screened the bag properly. TSA will be fired some TSO or suspension from work. If they have stay within the rules. No one should be unscreened the bag.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
It looks like at least one FSD will be looking for a new job soon.

Mr. Elliott
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Mr. Elliott
It looks like at least one FSD will be looking for a new job soon.

Mr. Elliott
Yup, he got fired from TSA at MSP. He won't be back to work anymore. He had no security aviation experiences at all.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: United
"Five Eyewitness News has obtained e-mails from TSA staff which called the treatment of some employees a "horrible nightmare.""

I call the treatment that the public receives from TSA staff a horrible nightmare.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:52 am

Did I miss them saying who was harassing the TSA workers?

Maybe that part is nothing more than complaining about pax not respecting them...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:36 pm

Don't want to make an extra topic. Just flew Sun Country from Termnal 2 to SeaTac. Was a bit hesitant given all the discussion. Just for extra simplicity, I took no liquids through. The guy directing traffic said "Liquids or laptops?" I said no liquids, yes laptop. He grabbed an extra tub and said pull it out. I did (I knew it had to be out, but not what else) I was thinking of keeping my passport in my hand through the scanner. I know I didn't but where I did put it I forget. Anyway, got in, the sign said hold for three seconds, I didn't count it out and wondered if it completed, the guy said "Yeh, its good" so I stepped out, and started taking back all the metal stuff. The people moved fast enough that I finally swept everything out of the tubs, stuck the laptop in my backpack, and got out of the way. Anyway, very little waiting and not much friction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.