Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA budget calls for at least 12,000 VIPR operations in 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA budget calls for at least 12,000 VIPR operations in 2011

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: AC.SE
The TSA will soon be the world's largest employer. And also the largest employer of people who largely serve no useful function.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:41 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I wondered also, for those non airport options, can one just go tell them to ***, or can they still deny you to ride a train or drive your car?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jason8612
I wondered also, for those non airport options, can one just go tell them to ***, or can they still deny you to ride a train or drive your car?
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flying...sa-vipr-teams/

Should a traveler encounter a TSA VIPR team deployed in a non-airport environment I would advise them to refuse to submit to the search.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL - exPlat (now Gold) ; AB - Gold ; TK - Gold; BMI - exGold; US - exChairman ; UA-ex1K; NW-exGold
If you have a moment, take a moment to read TSA VIPR Teams – Increase A Legally Questionable Failing Program?

The TSA already has conflicting internal statistics on how many VIPR operations occurred last year, as well as some other info on TSA VIPR. gnorwost2 already posted a link to my follow up to this post, which was an email I received from a DHS lawyer in the legality of TSA VIPR operations.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by sefrischling
If you have a moment, take a moment to read TSA VIPR Teams – Increase A Legally Questionable Failing Program?

The TSA already has conflicting internal statistics on how many VIPR operations occurred last year, as well as some other info on TSA VIPR. gnorwost2 already posted a link to my follow up to this post, which was an email I received from a DHS lawyer in the legality of TSA VIPR operations.
thanks. I liked your letter from DHS instructing you to tell the VIPR teams to buzz off.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
thanks. I liked your letter from DHS instructing you to tell the VIPR teams to buzz off.
I'm not sure I could censor myself to use the word "buzz".... well maybe initially - it' gives me an escalation path.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman
I'm not sure I could censor myself to use the word "buzz".... well maybe initially - it' gives me an escalation path.
You give me too much credit. FT's nasty word scrubber didn't like my first attempt, eff oh ah dee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.