Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Delta passenger accused of threatening seatmate with a knife

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum

Link

Court documents allege that before his Delta flight's scheduled departure Sunday, Anderson elbowed the passenger next to him to "claim" an armrest, then placed his foot on the person's leg, prompting the seatmate to tell Anderson to move over.

The complaint says Anderson threatened the passenger saying, "If I have a knife, I would slit your throat."

The complaint says responding officers found a knife in Anderson's bag. After his arrest, the complaint says, he threatened police and FBI agents.
Well done, TSA.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:07 pm

Yep, TSA is good at doing everything outside their mandate, such as groping and harassing law-abiding citizens but are pretty lousy when fulfilling their mandate. And we all know what that is.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NWstu
Link

Well done, TSA.
Yep, he could banned flying on Delta for the lifetime. His behavior is not tolerable during in-flight. He can't have to bothering the passengers. He have to stay away from the seatmate. If he could moved a different seat. He can't have harassing with the seatmate. He have to put on restraining order by 500 yard.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:58 am

I think he needs an anger management program

From other sources:

The complaint says Anderson threatened the passenger saying, "If I have a knife, I would slit your throat." The seatmate reportedly told flight attendants that Anderson reached into his bag a few times with something cupped in his hand.

The complaint says responding officers found a knife in Anderson's bag. After his arrest, the complaint says, he threatened police and FBI agents, the Associated Press reports.

Once Anderson reached the police station, he started threatening police and FBI agents with various interesting phrases such as:"Your days are not long," "It's a shotgun in the chest," "I'll pull your eyeballs out," and "It will give me a lot of pleasure to see you again, but you won't see me, bucko."
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
I think he needs an anger management program
You must be wrong. There is no way that multiple layers of security failed.

How could the TSA miss the knife and miss the obvious micro expressions and other indicators this passenger must have been displaying....
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Can't find weapons

But I bet TSA got all the "dangerous" liquids & shampoo
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:44 am
Suspended

This is probably a person that the highly-vaunted BDOs should have been able to SPOT before he got through the checkpoint with his knife.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by doober
This is probably a person that the highly-vaunted BDOs should have been able to SPOT before he got through the checkpoint with his knife.
Probably had a determined look on his face, so they let him pass.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Gerber Knife Gets Past TSA at SLC

A passenger got a 3.5-inch Gerber knife aboard an SLC-LAS flight and threatened to slit the throat of his seatmate during a duel for armrest rights.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...olice-say.html

I am sure TSA will shortly announce that the failure of SLC screeners to detect this deadly weapon does not reflect on the more than 60,000 dedicated TSA personnel working to keep us safe.

On an unrelated note, I passed through a checkpoint at DL T3 / JFK last weekend and TSA failed to detect a whole 16.9oz bottle of iced tea in my briefcase that I had forgotten about. Found it when I got home to Seattle. It looks just like gasoline.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
This is very bad security in SLC. They have to improved the aviation security levels. TSA is not responsibility to screened all carryon bag and cannot be slip through. This is unacceptable for the screeners' behavior. Must be slip through liquid, gels and weapons, too. That is why TSA is failed to screened all passengers checkpoint.

THis is uncommon sense to TSA in SLC. They did not search the weapons, knives and excess is over 3.4oz LAG restrictions. I would considering to some screener will eventually to fired or dismissed from the job. They have to required to retraining in the classroom is approximately for 40 hours. They did not have be responsibility to screened the carryon bags. Could be firing some TSA officer or if ever they will resigned. It's reasonable to try get better training in classroom for 40 hours a day and they have training at security checkpoint and must to be secured the bags. One of them who have no aviation security experienced before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.