Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

I believe a government that authorizes these searches has lost its legitimacy to rule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I believe a government that authorizes these searches has lost its legitimacy to rule

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold

Two Minutes of Terrorist Triumph: Alone With the TSA
By Elie Mystal

If I seem fascinated with my crotch, it’s because they are fascinated with my crotch. It’s the only thing they talk about before they start touching you.
The strangest thing was the testicle search. During the explanation phase, the dude said he would place his hand on my inner thigh and run it up into my crotch and “lift and separate” my testicles, three times on each leg. Now, I couldn’t hide a third testicle between my other two without it being really obvious. What weapon could I possible wedge up in there that would require six touches to detect?
How is this a “reasonable” search under any level of scrutiny?
http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/two-m...-with-the-tsa/

I think I gotta go puke!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Well, there's one of the problems right there: the government thinks it's "ruling" as opposed to governing. Very important difference.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - chairman, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, TSA - Dog Dung.
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Well, there's one of the problems right there: the government thinks it's "ruling" as opposed to governing. Very important difference.
Ruling is what autocrats do so well.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 6:49 pm

It's been far too long...

We need a pucking smiley!!!!

Disgusting doesn't begin to cover it. Projectile vomiting is more like it. When will it end and what event will be the trigger?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
If someone attempts to "lift and separate" my testicles, well, we then have a situation.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ScatterX

Disgusting doesn't begin to cover it. Projectile vomiting is more like it. When will it end and what event will be the trigger?
Unfortunately the 'event' you speak of will be nothing short of an all out civil war.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I am a one issue voter this upcoming election. I am voting for the candidate that says the most loudly they will end this nightmare.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: United
Congress has an approval rating of about 6%. They have lost their legitimacy already.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:35 pm

The government doesn't care about the dignity of its people. Poor kid! Shame on that officer!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:00 pm

Unfortunately, "Have You No Sense of Decency?" won't work this time.

We are seeing the answer. It is the same shameless crap.

Last edited by IslandBased; Sep 10, 2011 at 7:05 pm
Old Sep 11, 2011, 6:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Saitek
Unfortunately the 'event' you speak of will be nothing short of an all out civil war.
An asymmetrical civil war, to be sure. I'm wondering when the Window War will be remembered and revived.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:54 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Originally Posted by Saitek
I'd rather a peaceful "American Spring" (a la the Arab Spring) but if it goes the way of Libya, so be it. The ruling/governing authorities have indeed lost their legitimacy.

My fear is that we are fat and happy enough that we don't care anymore. But if anyone wants to go Kiev 2004, I will happily camp out in Lafayette Park.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Refusing to go thru the scanners, I'm no stranger to pat-downs.
But I would never go in any private room, and would certainly run/call for the police given any tactics like that.

You've learned a lesson, don't do that again.
If they are dumb enough to ask "Do you want to fly today ?" you can respond in several ways, but I've usually said, "I really don't care."
More literate ones here will cite constitution, etc. but when it comes down to it, tend to be terse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.