Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credible Car Bomb Threats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - chairman, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, TSA - Dog Dung.
Smile Credible Car Bomb Threats

TSA airport security is taking the threats of bombs in cars very seriously indeed, a spokesperson commented.

"We are on full alert at all airports and the TSOs are examining every passenger for hidden vehicles," he assured. "Any car or truck attempting to gain access is in for a surprise."

When asked about the effectiveness of the program, the spokesperson smiled and said that three schoolboys had already been detained and molested for having cars concealed in their pockets.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: OnePass
This is your government attempting to keep you afraid and subserviant.

I'm not buying it at all.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The stories in the press about a credible threat this weekend makes me wonder if this is more fear mongering by DHS/TSA or something real.

I don't give much credit to these people to be honest.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thegweni
"We are on full alert at all airports and the TSOs are examining every passenger for hidden vehicles," he assured. "Any car or truck attempting to gain access is in for a surprise."
Cough... B.S. .... cough.

Guarding every airport my buttowski. In ABQ today, there were, on average, 7 TSA stooges, two border agents, and four cops all watching/listening to the band in the main hall. Watch time exceeded 30 minutes I was standing there. The presence inside the secure area? NONE. Not a single TSA or LEO visible for over an hour. Presence at the ticketing area? Also none.

A DL employee that I know well jokingly asked if I could get them to do something. They had been hanging out listening to the band and chatting for more than an hour.

The up side of this was the had the NOS off. It looked like they didn't have enough clerks to do the groping. They were watching the band too.

PS: The band was pretty good. Played oldies. That must be the siren song for old TSA clerks and inspectors.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: OnePass
Do you need the Heimlich ScatterX? Sounds like you can't get what you're reading down.

Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mikemey

This is your clueless government acting in its own self-interest.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikemey

Originally Posted by IslandBased
This is your clueless government acting in its own self-interest.
Actually, neither. It is an amusing joke by the OP.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:05 pm

TSA airport security is taking the threats of bombs in cars very seriously indeed, a spokesperson commented.

When asked about the effectiveness of the program, the spokesperson smiled and said that three schoolboys had already been detained and molested for having cars concealed in their pockets.
Those darn Matchbox vehicles. After all, their name implies the igniter is included.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND Sol
Those darn Matchbox vehicles. After all, their name implies the igniter is included.
Or you can buy Hot Wheels, which are pre-heated.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by PTravel
Actually, neither. It is an amusing joke by the OP.
No, it's a real news item: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20103735.shtml

I doubt it's a real threat though.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
No, it's a real news item: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20103735.shtml

I doubt it's a real threat though.
A current terrorist threat may be real. The OP's post was not. From the post:

Examining passengers for hidden vehicles? Believable, I suppose, but not real nonetheless.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance - chairman, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, TSA - Dog Dung.

Examining passengers for hidden vehicles? Believable, I suppose, but not real nonetheless.
This was a bit of satire taking the real threat report and concocting a fictional overreaction by TSA. I am amazed anyone thought the “news report” was factual. I guess you can believe anything the TSA does.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was a bit of satire taking the real threat report and concocting a fictional overreaction by TSA. I am amazed anyone thought the “news report” was factual. I guess you can believe anything the TSA does.
I loved the idea of TSOs searching passengers for vehicles.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC

I was not replying to OP, but to posts 2,3 and 4.

Examining passengers for hidden vehicles? Believable, I suppose,
Really ? Believable ?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I loved the idea of TSOs searching passengers for vehicles.
I think I agree with you. If they have a random screening all vehicle before entered the parking garage. If they find a suspicious bags inside the vehicle. They will notify the LEO immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.