Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Would the TSA let a person wearing a chastity belt fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would the TSA let a person wearing a chastity belt fly?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Question Would the TSA let a person wearing a chastity belt fly?

I read this article:

http://www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/25...o-america.html

Obviously, it's a joke. But people do wear chastity belts, so the natural question of would they even be let past security with one on-I presume the scanners can see it--crossed my mind.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:53 am
Original Poster

I was asking the question seriously, as I became curious about that, even if the source of the curiosity was a joke.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:11 am

based on reading all of the flyer stories, i'm confident the person would have to remove it if it was picked up by a scanner, or felt during the grope.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:16 am
Original Poster

I initially thought that too, then I read the TSA's policy on genital piercings (you don't have to remove them) and wondered if a chastity belt would be viewed like a genital piercing.

The more I read about the odd stuff they have to view, the sorrier I feel for the agents!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Comcerneddisabledflier
The more I read about the odd stuff they have to view, the sorrier I feel for the agents!
Why?

If they didn't want to be seeing it and groping people, they'd have other jobs somewhere else, right?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:53 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They have in the past

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni/...ort-alarm.html
Old Mar 9, 2011, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Huh. Interesting that happened in Europe. We all know the TSA has its own unique procedures. If a person wants to wear a chastity belt, that's fine. I imagine the first amendment pretty strongly protects their right to wear whatever they want. Most of them seem to be see through, so I can't see how th TSA could deny them entry. Anyway, it just struck me as interesting.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Comcerneddisabledflier
then I read the TSA's policy on genital piercings (you don't have to remove them)
I never have had to remove my genital piercings, although several US and foreign agents have asked to see them, then shrieked in a panic when they saw it.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:28 pm

Forget the chastity belt, here's what I'm wearing on next flight

Do you think I'll have any problems? (P.S., that''s me peeking out of the porthole in front.)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Well it seems that no one has a definitive answer as to whether TSA allows them or not. I imagine most people who wear them don't wear them through security. Still, whether they're allowed or not should be clearer.

And I can't resist this joke at the end of a long day: I wonder if you use a TSA approved lock if that makes a difference!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by redleft
I never have had to remove my genital piercings, although several US and foreign agents have asked to see them, then shrieked in a panic when they saw it.
That's SOP??!!!
(The asking to see it part?)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FaustsAccountant
That's SOP??!!!
(The asking to see it part?)
from what I read, after the unsanitized pliers on a healing nipple ring fiasco a few years back, people with body piercings which cause the alarm can choose between a visual inspection of the piercing in private and removing the piercing which cause the alarm. Body piercings can't be readily removed, so most people choose to show the piercings I imagine.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Cartoon Peril

Do you think I'll have any problems? (P.S., that''s me peeking out of the porthole in front.)
If you get two of those, I will break my self-imposed exile, fly to Canada, drive to the Land of the Fearful and Paranoid, and join you at any airport you name.

Get a dozen and we'll go to DC to "lobby" some Congresspersons. @:-)
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

So they're not in the prohibited items list:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

but that list says it isn't all inclusive and that agents can deem anything dangerous.

Well since nobody can figure it out, I guess my bet with a friend that they weren't allowed is a wash.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:24 pm
KCK

A person wearing a chastity belt probably wouldn't feel very chaste after the TSA had its way with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.