Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Priority Club Visa from Chase - free yr of companion air tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

I did a search and didn't find any posts on this..

I got an email to sign up for the Priority Pass Visa.

No annual fee for the 1st year and $29 after.

They give you 30k bonus points and a free yr of companion air tickets from companionbooking.com. It looks like its limited to certain cities though

Here is some info:

http://priorityclub.blogspot.com/200...signature.html

Anyone have experience on the companion booking thing? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
I did a search and didn't find any posts on this..

I got an email to sign up for the Priority Pass Visa.

No annual fee for the 1st year and $29 after.

They give you 30k bonus points and a free yr of companion air tickets from companionbooking.com. It looks like its limited to certain cities though

Here is some info:

http://priorityclub.blogspot.com/200...signature.html

Anyone have experience on the companion booking thing? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance
Campanion tickets aren't very popular around these parts. The general view is that you pay twice the price of a normal economy ticket for a companion ticket with tons of restrictions that makes going where you want to go and when you want to go a nightmare. And in the end, you pay pretty much just as much as you would with two economy tickets.

I've only done the companion thing once, and I think I paid $450 for an AA flight from Chicago to San Fran with a free companion. I was able to find two econ tickets for $275 each. So in actuality, I saved $100, which is nice, but I don't fly AA and I couldn't be flexible with the dates to get the companion tickets. OTOH, it was a new years eve flight, so I was shocked I was able to get something at all.

On balance, *I* thought it was worthwhile. But I'm in the minority on this. In fact, I think I'm the only person I've read on this board with a positive companion ticket experience.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the info! looks like the companion tickets may not be as good a benefit as I thought. I guess I'll pass on this one. thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.