Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

I appear to have 2 Chase/UA credit cards - gold and platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:12 am
Original Poster

I'm guessing I must've applied for each earlier this year.

In any case, what's the difference?

Both are Visa Signature cards, both gave me a signup bonus, both appear to give me 1 UA mile per $, both have the 1st year annual fee waived.

The only differences are the different account numbers, and the fact that one of them is Gold in color and one is Platinum/Gray in color.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
The gold card I believe gives you 2 miles for every $1 you do a balance transfer with and the platinum is the elite card since it gives like a 5k elite sign up bonus and if you spend 5k on ual.com with it you can get 5k elite miles and also if you spend over 35k a year on it you can add up 5k elite miles also. The other benefit to the platinum card that I could not fail to mention is the companion certificate which works great through a shredder.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Tom92591
The gold card I believe gives you 2 miles for every $1 you do a balance transfer with and the platinum is the elite card since it gives like a 5k elite sign up bonus and if you spend 5k on ual.com with it you can get 5k elite miles and also if you spend over 35k a year on it you can add up 5k elite miles also. The other benefit to the platinum card that I could not fail to mention is the companion certificate which works great through a shredder.
i think the op said that there is no fee, unless he is a 1K his fee will not be waived for the platinum class card. i think he has visa signature and visa signature (gold class) card ... may be OP can verify... GOld class card also gives 2 miles /$ at united.com (that is the only difference + larger caps on earning). but your last comment is awesome! ^
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by budugu
i think the op said that there is no fee, unless he is a 1K his fee will not be waived for the platinum class card. i think he has visa signature and visa signature (gold class) card ... may be OP can verify... GOld class card also gives 2 miles /$ at united.com (that is the only difference + larger caps on earning). but your last comment is awesome! ^
Yes, I am not a 1K, so I think I have Visa Sig and Visa Sig (Gold Class). Shame, because I could've done with those 5k EQM!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.