Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which business cards to get?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Which business cards to get?

Hello. My wife and I each have CSR and enjoy the travel points/rewards they generate. I am looking to finally monitize my business credit card spend to the chase ecosystem (or Amex). I will be switching 3 llcs over. I have spoken to a chase business banker whom is ready to immediately provide whatever cards I wish with capable limits that will permit me to make the switch seamlessly. I have been able to successfully migrate almost 75% of all business expenses to credit cards for ease of accounting. I’m thinking this will generate significant rewards (or cash back)…

is there a service or website that can advise me on the best selection of cards based upon my spend given our personal use of CSR? Or perhaps the llcs should have a mixture of Amex and Chase ink?

thanks in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Arthrovine
....travel points/rewards ....3 llcs ....
1) How do you redeem Ultimate Rewards points? Do you purchase travel through the Chase portal at $0.015/point, or do you Transfer to airline or hotel partners (which)?

2) Give us a sense of the scale of the spending in each company. It's unlikely to make sense to pay annual fees or use multiple cards for low transaction volume.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Arthrovine
Hello. ... thanks in advance.
General suggestions: If a lot of business flying with UA, get a UA Club Biz card (SUB and Club access). If a lot of biz stays with Hyatt or IHG, get their biz cards (SUBs and increased points earning).

One or more Ink cards might be appropriate based on how much biz spend is in the different bonus categories:
Ink Preferred - 3X on shipping, advertising, internet, cable, phone and travel.
Ink Cash - 5X on office supply stores, internet, cable and phone, 2X on gas stations and restaurants.
Ink Unlimited - 1.5X everything.
Ink Premier - 2.5X over $5,000, 2X everything.

Ink card information often states “% cash back”, it’s generally in the form of UR points, which can be redeemed for travel and combined between different UR earning accounts with the exception of the Ink Premier card which is why it’s rarely discussed here.

AmEx biz cards would also be prudent, with a little luck after obtaining and using one AmEx biz card you’ll start getting AmEx targeted NLL offers which allow for multiple SUBs in contrast to AmEx’s “once per lifetime” rule. Of course, depending on the amount of your biz spend, SUBs might be moot. Good luck.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
1) How do you redeem Ultimate Rewards points? Do you purchase travel through the Chase portal at $0.015/point, or do you Transfer to airline or hotel partners (which)?

Thank you for your help.

I have done both regarding UR points. Ive transferred to hotel partners and booked travel directly when my wife wanted a specific hotel. We have not used them for flights yet...we would like to. We utilize the CSR priority pass benefit extensively in each airport for lounges and spending the $28 per person + guest per card benefit. My wife and I generate a combined 450K per year of UR points. Everything goes on these cards. We tend to favor Alaska Airlines for which I have Gold status. There is not much business travel, maybe 4 flights per year - that may increase in near future. We have to travel to Australia and would love to use points in some fashion to upgrade/fund business class fares.

2) Give us a sense of the scale of the spending in each company. It's unlikely to make sense to pay annual fees or use multiple cards for low transaction volume.
Main company spend is 25-40K per month broken down as follows:

14-20K per month of charges over 5K apiece. So, 2-4 charges per month, each over 5K sometimes totaling up to 20K

in addition: Monthly charges include these spend:
2K in celllphone, internet, cable
750 in dining
800 in travel
150 in gas
100 in shipping
150 in advertising/SEO
1100 in office supplies (could be a lot more if we purchased "gift cards" for other expenses)

other LLCS have < 50K/yr spend each with variable expenses < 5K apiece ranging from travel, to office expenses, home depot, costco, contractors, etc.

Chase business banker suggested as many as 6 cards would be immediately available with total credit limit of 300K based upon the EIN #s provided and their history.

Is the Chase Ink Premiere reasonalbe given the inability to combine its UR points earned with those of the rest of the Ink./CSR ecosystem?

Last edited by Arthrovine; Mar 1, 2023 at 10:51 pm Reason: post formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.