Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Instacart Benefit August 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
I haven't been seeing any Instacart credits even though I'm charging on the Chase card. Do you see the credit immediately? Thanks.
Not immediately, since even the actual charge does not show up immediate just "pending". I don't know the exact timing but when the charge shows up, the credit shows up usually on the same day it was charged. For example, I had a charge on Dec 10 for $18.xx, right below it.. the credit showed up as -$15.00.

Make sure you are signed up for it on the card though. If you are signed up, you would know because you get an email every month with the subject "Earn your $15/month statement credit today" when the $15 credit is renewed. It has been great for me so far. I always ordered over $35 of stuff (so no extra fee) but some of the stuff is usually not available (or the shopper can't find it) so they just drop from the total original charge. So usually I ended up $25 or lowered with -$15 credit.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Does anyone know if I upgrade from CSP to CSR, would I immediately upgrade my instacart benefits? (e.g. extend free Instacart+ from 6 month to 12 months?) I assume the monthly credit would be upgraded right away (from 15/quarter to 15/month) since it's handled by Chase...
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by friedablass
Has anyone tried claiming monthly/quarterly credits on multiple cards? I signed up for the Instacart membership using a Reserve card and placed an order and received the $15 credit (purchase and credit show on my statement with the same date). Then I placed another order the same or next day and used my Freedom Unlimited as payment. I have not received the $10 credit for that.
Any updates from anyone on using credits from two cards? I've been using my CSR but realized my wife also has a CSP. Don't really want to sign her up for her own Instacart account...
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:57 am

Stackable with other Chase cards?

Both me and my wife have the chase Sapphire Reserve, would it be better to add both cards to the Instacart and reap 2X $15 monthly credit or no?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by DasApache47
Both me and my wife have the chase Sapphire Reserve, would it be better to add both cards to the Instacart and reap 2X $15 monthly credit or no?
I've been digging into this... there are comments on a Doctor of Credit post that indicate you can activate many cards on the same account. The Instacart+ membership will extend for the months each card gives you. Then you can order using any of the cards you've activated and the correct credit will trigger.

I just tried adding P2's CSP to my account. The membership expiration did, indeed, extend by 6 months beyond my original CSR's expiration date. I think this is the way it's supposed to work, since there is now a hover message that clearly states each card that was activated and how they add up to the new expiration date.

I order from Instacart every week so I'll have some DPs to share if the credits actually trigger. But the DoC people think it'll work fine, as long as you actually take the step of activating Instacart+ on each card.
DasApache47 likes this.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Feb 23, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Do we know whether the Instacart+ benefit is going to be permanent or go away after 6 months? I feel like Chase adds benefits but takes them away after a specific amount of time
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs
Do we know whether the Instacart+ benefit is going to be permanent or go away after 6 months? I feel like Chase adds benefits but takes them away after a specific amount of time
Please note that the 12-month benefit (CSR) gets added almost immediately to Instacart so even if Chase does away with the benefit in 6 months you would already have the benefit in your Instacart accout.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:46 pm

Has anybody tried combining multiple chase cards on a single instacart order to get a credit from each card? I have CSR which is a monthly credit but also have other cards which have a quarterly credit. I guess it should work. Also I'm assuming I don 't have activate any Instacart+ membership since I already have that through my CSR card

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Has anybody tried combining multiple chase cards on a single instacart order to get a credit from each card? I have CSR which is a monthly credit but also have other cards which have a quarterly credit. I guess it should work. Also I'm assuming I don 't have activate any Instacart+ membership since I already have that through my CSR card

Thanks
Do you only order from Instacart once a month? If not, there's no need to even attempt to combine credits: just use the CSR for your first Instacart order of every month, and use a card which offers only a quarterly credit for a later order that month.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Do you only order from Instacart once a month? If not, there's no need to even attempt to combine credits: just use the CSR for your first Instacart order of every month, and use a card which offers only a quarterly credit for a later order that month.
Yes we prefer going in to the store to shop so only one order a month
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Yes we prefer going in to the store to shop so only one order a month
OK. I order from Instacart several times a month, and I have never seen an option to split the payment for a single order across two (or more) forms of payment.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I just tried adding P2's CSP to my account. The membership expiration did, indeed, extend by 6 months beyond my original CSR's expiration date. I think this is the way it's supposed to work, since there is now a hover message that clearly states each card that was activated and how they add up to the new expiration date.

I order from Instacart every week so I'll have some DPs to share if the credits actually trigger. But the DoC people think it'll work fine, as long as you actually take the step of activating Instacart+ on each card.
Mixed results. I added a CSP and a Freedom, and used the CSP immediately. It did not trigger the credit. But about a week later I used the Freedom and it DID trigger. So I wonder if there is processing time involved before it recognizes the card.

Rather than requesting credit manually, I'll likely just try the CSP again and see what happens.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:11 pm

Just a reminder, if you signed up August 2022 for the free year, it is about to be up and it will charge your card for next year membership. Remember to cancel if you don't want to pay.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:11 am

With Instacart+ ending, has Chase announced any new CSR benefit? I don't think so.

I like the time savings of Instacart+ a lot, but 1.5x redemptions is the reason I came back to CSR, and that's gone too.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 12:30 pm

Also a reminder that the benefit stacks from multiple cards. And multiple people. Between all the various lengths of credit on my and P2's cards, we're at a September 2024 expiration. So if you haven't activated any extra card credits you might have, this would be a good time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.