FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Retention Offers (2021-2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031754-chase-retention-offers-2021-2023-a.html)

ithinkurdumb Jan 1, 2021 2:19 am

Chase Retention Offers (2021-2023)

Originally Posted by ucfzf10 (Post 32927326)
I got $50 credit on the IHG Reward Mastercard. No spend required. I use the card only for the Chase offers. I opened this card in 2012.

Most of the previous data points (including mine) on the IHG Select were $25. So now Chase/IHG is paying you a dollar for the free night certificate? Best deal ever!

progapanda Jan 1, 2021 8:18 am

A $150 statement credit continues to be available as a retention offer for the RC Visa as of this week. Pleasant exchange with the rep and a worthwhile discount on the benefits offered by the card. I don't expect to receive this offer every year, but it's likely I will get more limited use out of the card in at least 2021, so this does make the value proposition a bit better at least for the coming year.

Drewm33 Jan 2, 2021 11:51 am

Just got a $50 statement credit on the old Marriott business card.

highops Jan 2, 2021 4:30 pm

CSP

This was a strange call. The rep invited my story so I told the sad tale of how the Reserve is now complicated with the Door Dash and the like instead of easy like it used to be. So I downgraded a couple months ago. And now my Sapphire Preferred is out earned in many bonus categories by my Unlimited. I expected after my artful tale of woe that I'd get the $60 offer. But, they went ahead and canceled. They didn't even give the usual ask about transferring credit lines.

I suppose it is Saturday. I probably would have called Monday if I were particularly worried about being retained. I guess if I don't like my new card in about 6 months I'll be under 5/24 and I can try again.

mia Jan 2, 2021 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by highops (Post 32932593)
.... I guess if I don't like my new card in about 6 months .....

Which card?

highops Jan 2, 2021 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 32932834)
Which card?

I am using an Alliant for cash back for a year for simplicity.

We probably aren't doing personal travel until 2022 and I have enough Hyatt and Delta points to fund the first excursion that year.

Edit: Although I might let Amazon stay on Amazon because I can use it as a 4.76% back card even without logging in to Chase to mess with the rewards and keep up with the categories.

maxweipo Jan 4, 2021 5:12 pm

I was just charged for the annual fee of Ritz card, wondering if it's possible to get 2nd credit after getting one last year....

Jm0115 Jan 6, 2021 12:53 pm

I have the MileagePlus Explorer Card. My AF posted on Jan 1. I am thinking of asking for a retention offer and then cancelling if not offered. I have Elite Status for 2021 so I don't need the benefits of the Explorer card such as boarding priority or free bags. Two questions: (1) If I say that I am thinking of cancelling and want a retention offer will I be able to cancel the cancellation if I decide not to proceed while on the phone (am I stuck with the cancellation if I just ask?). (2) Can I get this card again in the future (2022) if I cancel now? As my elite status lasts until Feb 2022.

Biscoff27 Jan 6, 2021 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jm0115 (Post 32944357)
I have the MileagePlus Explorer Card. My AF posted on Jan 1. I am thinking of asking for a retention offer and then cancelling if not offered. I have Elite Status for 2021 so I don't need the benefits of the Explorer card such as boarding priority or free bags. Two questions: (1) If I say that I am thinking of cancelling and want a retention offer will I be able to cancel the cancellation if I decide not to proceed while on the phone (am I stuck with the cancellation if I just ask?). (2) Can I get this card again in the future (2022) if I cancel now? As my elite status lasts until Feb 2022.

1) The way I usually go about it is to say "I am thinking about cancelling but wanted to see what my options are," and ask whether there are downgrade options, how long I have to decide (both of which I usually know ahead of time), and whether there are any retention offers. You can still back out of the conversation if you want to think about it. Downgrading to the Gateway card is an option for you, and that would still give you access to the expanded award availability. My AF just posted, and was planning to downgrade to that if there is no retention offer.
2) You can sign up again (and be eligible for a sign up bonus) 24 months after you last received a bonus (not 24 months after you opened the card).

PointRockstar Jan 7, 2021 10:39 am

Chase Ink Business Preferred

Called 01/07/2021
Chase Ink Business Preferred
No offer other than downgrade
Card member since November 2018
$100 in spend

himavant Jan 9, 2021 8:36 am

Called the Southwest Chase number on my card. Told them I'd just been charged $100 fee and asked if they could offer any credit for this year. They asked if I was considering canceling, and of course I said yes (which I'd forgotten to mention / lead with.)

I was immediately offered a $100 statement credit and took it. Whole call took less than a minute. I believe I got a spend-based offer last year, and I think I also got some offer or credit the year prior.

edealinfo12345 Jan 11, 2021 8:13 am

Chase retention bonus, sign on bonus, consolidating credit on 1 card, etc.

Could someone please answer these two questions?

a) Is chase offering a retention bonus for the Chase Mileage EXPLORER card? If so, how much is it? Should one seek a retention bonus on this card after the annual fee hits or mid year in a 12 month cycle?

b) If one has received a sign on bonus for the Explorer card, a year later, can one apply for the Chase United Club Infinite card and be eligible for its, if available, sign on bonus?

c) Can one hold the United Gateway and United Club Infinite Club simultaneously?

d) If one is consolidating credit on a single Chase card, (by transferring credit lines from other Chase cards), what is the maximum credit line you can have on a single Chase card, before it crosses a threshold when a hard credit card pull is required by Chase. Is that threshold $35K?

Thanks!!!

mia Jan 11, 2021 8:49 am

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 (Post 32958865)

a) Is chase offering a retention bonus for the Chase Mileage EXPLORER card?

Click here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...-archived.html

Use "Search this Thread" with the term explorer and read the reports

Receiving a retention bonus has no bearing on eligibility to apply for another card. You can hold Explorer and Club cards simultaneously.

Jm0115 Jan 11, 2021 11:27 am

Talked to an agent about a statement credit or refund on the AF for the MileagePlus Explorer card (Chase). Nothing offered other than downgrade. Decided to move the credit limit from this card to another card and cancel. Agent said that offers are based on how much is spent on the card and other factors.

krazykanuck Jan 12, 2021 8:45 am

I have no luck with Chase retention offers for whatever reason. Nothing on either my Ritz (AF on 1/1) CSR (AF on 10/1) Hyatt (AF on 12/1). Called on the CSR last month, and the Ritz today. Today I asked the rep to look at the Hyatt while I was on the phone and she said nothing was available.