FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Private Client (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2024035-chase-private-client.html)

RedSun Feb 6, 2021 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 33015805)
Not good. Only the joint accounts are part of the CPC.

Small Negative Change To Chase Private Client Status Benefits - Doctor Of CreditA reader who is a Chase Private Client reached out to let us know about a negative change which Chase is implementing on those with Private Client status:

Previously, if you were a joint accountholder with a private client, you’d get full private client privileges and fee waivers, even on your other accounts which are not adjoined to the private client. However, they are now sending out notice of a change whereby every individual needs to have $150,000 in their own balances to be considered Private Client and get fee waivers and the like.

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 33019910)
My wife and daughter have the benefits. My wife and I have all joint accounts and our Trust. My daughter and I also have a joint account. The definitely have the benefits

I do not want to argue with you. But that DP clearly says that the existing CPC relationship will only apply to the primary account holder. The joint account holders do not hold the CPC with their own accounts. This is very clear to me.

This is probably going to happen with LOTS of Chase CPC customers.

mia Feb 6, 2021 9:05 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 33019910)
My wife and daughter have the benefits.,.,,

The question is whether they will continue to have those benefits if their individual balances do not meet the balance requirement.

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 6, 2021 10:03 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33019958)
The question is whether they will continue to have those benefits if their individual balances do not meet the balance requirement.

There is no individual account. They are all joint and our Trust has us both as Trustees. My contact said we are fine

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 6, 2021 10:27 am

Literally just hung up the phone with my CPC banker. My wife and I have Joint accounts and our Trust. My daughter and I have a joint account. My wife and I also teach have individual accounts. ALL are still covered because our joint and Trust accounts are well above the minimum.

RedSun Feb 6, 2021 10:34 am

Clearly that change is on the secondary account holder's own account. Not sure what is not clear here.

So far the best combo is still Bof/ML. My relationship banker is trying hard to keep my business. I can get her to waive my bank fees, so I do not have to wait for 30 minutes to talk to a live person.

Like to see what Goldman and Morgan Stanley/ETrade are going to offer in this space.

LAX Feb 6, 2021 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 33020059)
Clearly that change is on the secondary account holder's own account. Not sure what is not clear here.

So far the best combo is still Bof/ML. My relationship banker is trying hard to keep my business. I can get her to waive my bank fees, so I do not have to wait for 30 minutes to talk to a live person.

Like to see what Goldman and Morgan Stanley/ETrade are going to offer in this space.

Maybe your balance at BofA is much higher than mine was, but no one could do a damn thing about my denied "charge back" request ($25) despite sending in all documentation. I subsequently pulled most of my assets out and left only the minimum to keep the highest preferred level for CC bonus. If there are other CCs that can give me similar bonus to what BofA currently offers, I will transfer out the rest.

LAX

RedSun Feb 6, 2021 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by LAX (Post 33020924)
Maybe your balance at BofA is much higher than mine was, but no one could do a damn thing about my denied "charge back" request ($25) despite sending in all documentation. I subsequently pulled most of my assets out and left only the minimum to keep the highest preferred level for CC bonus. If there are other CCs that can give me similar bonus to what BofA currently offers, I will transfer out the rest.

LAX

I admit that Chase CPC and Sapphire Banking offer more than BofA without Preferred Rewards. If it offers the full brokerage service, I'll be happy to keep most of my assets with them. I've tried Citi and Chase and learnt the hard way. I thought both of them offer all the stocks and ETFs. But they do not.

I may want to add more to Schwab for the bonus money on AmEx Platinum card ($100 on $250k and $200 on $1MM). But I need to run out my AmEx Plat retention bonus period. Morgan Stanley AmEx Plat card also on the horizon. But I need to wait for the ETrade to get settled to see if there is more new offering.

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 33020933)
I admit that Chase CPC and Sapphire Banking offer more than BofA without Preferred Rewards. If it offers the full brokerage service, I'll be happy to keep most of my assets with them. I've tried Citi and Chase and learnt the hard way. I thought both of them offer all the stocks and ETFs. But they do not.

I may want to add more to Schwab for the bonus money on AmEx Platinum card ($100 on $250k and $200 on $1MM). But I need to run out my AmEx Plat retention bonus period. Morgan Stanley AmEx Plat card also on the horizon. But I need to wait for the ETrade to get settled to see if there is more new offering.

What is going on with Trade

G2244 Feb 13, 2021 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 33032623)
What is going on with Trade

Morgan Stanley purchased acquired E*TRADE a while back. Still unclear if/how that will change anything offered from either side. Many are waiting to see how it develops eventually and how that may in the end compare to others like CPC/ JP Morgan.

RedSun Feb 13, 2021 10:52 am

Chase just kindly advised that I had one "Good Faith" trading violation. This is just ludicrous. It was just a $3,000 trade that I made like $50. I've not had anything like that for years at several other places.

I'm going to gut my Chase brokerage account and keep about $3k there to keep account open. Elsewhere I can maintain margin and even IRA margin accounts open. So I do not have to wait for the old fashioned 2 day settlement period. So I won't run into any "Good Faith" violation or any kind like that.

ETrade still very disappointing. Its customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Extremely slow and non-responsive. Merrill is still the best. Followed by Fidelity, Wells Fargo and Schwab, in this order. Can't comment on Vanguard since I do not use it.

HawkeyeFlyer Feb 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun (Post 33034930)
Chase just kindly advised that I had one "Good Faith" trading violation. This is just ludicrous. It was just a $3,000 trade that I made like $50. I've not had anything like that for years at several other places.

I'm going to gut my Chase brokerage account and keep about $3k there to keep account open. Elsewhere I can maintain margin and even IRA margin accounts open. So I do not have to wait for the old fashioned 2 day settlement period. So I won't run into any "Good Faith" violation or any kind like that.

ETrade still very disappointing. Its customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. Extremely slow and non-responsive. Merrill is still the best. Followed by Fidelity, Wells Fargo and Schwab, in this order. Can't comment on Vanguard since I do not use it.

Very serious question, i swear not being snarky. Why do you use so many platforms as it is. The way this is worded you have Chase, Merrill, Fidelity, Wells Fargo and Schwab. Just curious why you are so diversified.

RedSun Feb 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 33040077)
Very serious question, i swear not being snarky. Why do you use so many platforms as it is. The way this is worded you have Chase, Merrill, Fidelity, Wells Fargo and Schwab. Just curious why you are so diversified.

I like to try and experiment to see what platform is better. I can easily consolidate some if I want to. Unfortunately Citi and Chase did not make the lists. The remainders I like to keep.

It is never a good idea to keep just one platform. I've had outages from Merrill, Schwab, Fidelity and Interactive brokers. Some can last for half a day. That becomes rather common now with so many people staying home.

The SIPC insurance is a minor factor.

Here is a standard 2x NASDAQ ETF. Not allowed at all.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0b617fd7f6.png

imdream1 Feb 25, 2021 8:03 am

does anyone know the $250k transfer qualification? do i need to transfer additional 250K on top of what i have now in Chase? or total 250k is good enough?
eg, if i have 150k now, would additional 100k work? thanks

SanDiego1K Feb 25, 2021 8:29 am

Originally Posted by imdream1 (Post 33060999)
does anyone know the $250k transfer qualification? do i need to transfer additional 250K on top of what i have now in Chase? or total 250k is good enough?
eg, if i have 150k now, would additional 100k work? thanks

From personal experience, you do not need to transfer more. But you do need to contact Chase, perhaps by going into a branch and meeting with an employee. I was told that in the past month, requirements for a Chase Private Client account have dropped from $250K to $150K.

Happy Traveling Consultant Feb 25, 2021 8:34 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 33061053)
From personal experience, you do not need to transfer more. But you do need to contact Chase, perhaps by going into a branch and meeting with an employee. I was told that in the past month, requirements for a Chase Private Client account have dropped from $250K to $150K.

Not even sure you need to do that. About one month after I crossed the $150k threshold in all of my accounts, I noticed when I logged in that my checking accounts had gone from SAPPHIRE CHKG to CPC CHKG. Called my local branch and they confirmed it was automatic.