Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to redeem almost 1M Ultimate Rewards points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN

What to do with all these points. I have just north of 900K points. What is the best use of them, looking for suggestions?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Are you looking for travel redemptions or ideas excluding travel?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
What to do with all these points. I have just north of 900K points. What is the best use of them, looking for suggestions?
Ive got way more then that, the 1 thing I highly suggest you NOT do is use them via Chase Travel for flights hotels etc. CT really doesnt give 2 shoots about any of its customers. Its been a Royal Pain getting refunds from flights etc that I booked with them using my pts. Better to transfer the pts to an Airline or Hyatt and then use the pts

If you have a CSP CC then checkout the thread about Paying yourself
Old Aug 18, 2020, 6:42 pm

Turn them to cash / gift cards @ 1.5 cents per point.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In your profile, it says for programs: "UA, AA, WN". You can transfer some or all of these to either UA and/or WN if you wish, as long as you have an annual fee UR card open (such as either of the Sapphire cards, or Ink Preferred).
Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I can take them off for you. You simply need to redeem them as cash and write a check to me...

Not direct to OP, I am kind of sick seeing people asking this. UR does not have an expiration that you are forced to use all 900K UR at once. So you can just keep them, use them for everyday expenses (cash back, gift cards, etc.). You can also use them for travel when you can. You can even ask for ideas for travel destinations.

But seriously - FT is really not a proper forum, IMHO, that you ask for advice on how they should do with their points, miles, etc.
Statman, Happy and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by garykung
I can take them off for you. You simply need to redeem them as cash and write a check to me...

Not direct to OP, I am kind of sick seeing people asking this. UR does not have an expiration that you are forced to use all 900K UR at once. So you can just keep them, use them for everyday expenses (cash back, gift cards, etc.). You can also use them for travel when you can. You can even ask for ideas for travel destinations.

But seriously - FT is really not a proper forum, IMHO, that you ask for advice on how they should do with their points, miles, etc.
But if a person decided to close any of the Chase CCs where they earn UR and can use them for Travel (not Freedom, unless they also have a SAP or INK CC) then theyd have to unload tyhem ASAP before closing the acct that has a fee and they can use for any redemption
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Well, clearly you've been collecting them and have amassed a good amount of them. What was your original intent/plan for collecting them to begin with? Why did you amass them in the first place?

Regards
Old Aug 19, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by craz
But if a person decided to close any of the Chase CCs where they earn UR and can use them for Travel (not Freedom, unless they also have a SAP or INK CC) then theyd have to unload tyhem ASAP before closing the acct that has a fee and they can use for any redemption
That's really not the point.

If a FTer asks how can I do "this" for "that", it is more definite. However - like many others, OP just dumped this out - I have almost 1MM UR. OP offers nothing more other than that. So how exactly can we know what OP want? Does OP intend to offer us an opportunity to learn mind-reading? Or OP's question is simply rhetorical?

Basically - OP simply said "I need help" and offered nothing further, which is an empty question that can't be answered.

So if OP, as well as others, wants some concrete ideas, OP should not even ask that. Otherwise, I am honored to offload OP's entire UR for my own benefit, i.e. redeeming them for cash and cut a check to me. The level of ridicule of my response is practically the same as OP's question.
pallhedge and Happy like this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Turn them to cash / gift cards @ 1.5 cents per point.
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does one convert UR points to cash at 1.5 cents per point?
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by physioprof
Sorry for my ignorance, but how does one convert UR points to cash at 1.5 cents per point?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...red-cards.html
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by physioprof
the pay yourself back feature that they recently announced
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Are you looking for travel redemptions or ideas excluding travel?
I had original planed to travel Internationally, that plan has changed due to COVID and wife not wanting to travel internationally. One thought was to by travel for family. But, I sure would like to use them on my own travel, I guess domestically.

Last edited by mia; Aug 19, 2020 at 7:20 pm
Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung

Sorry to touch your crazy bone like that.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I chose to redeem some of them through the pay yourself back promo. Will Chase devalue the program? Maybe. Better to get 1.5 cpp in cash than through a third party travel portal in this brave new world.
Happy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.