Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Charge back on Chase CC how long before permanent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charge back on Chase CC how long before permanent?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Question Charge back on Chase CC how long before permanent?

Hi all

I had to do a charge back on a couple tickets purchased via Expedia as, after several attempts, did not get a response and could not get through on their contact center. Chase will obviously do their investigations and review the charge but in the interim, funds have been refunded to my account.

How long contractually do they have to perform the investigation and when will the charge back become permanent and no further rebill activity from the merchant?

Thanks
Old May 23, 2020, 11:10 am

Can't tell you how much time Chase gives Expedia. But as a small business merchant, whenever we get a VISA chargeback, we only get about 30 days to provide evidence that we delivered the goods. I think the time for merchant to respond depends on the type of credit card too. MasterCard gives longer time.... not sure about Amex... we don't accept that.
Old May 23, 2020, 1:58 pm

2 statements then it becomes permanent
I just won big against a travel agency for around $4000
Old May 23, 2020, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by bigbellymonkey
2 statements then it becomes permanent
I just won big against a travel agency for around $4000
do they email or notify you when it becomes permanent?
Old May 24, 2020, 4:00 am

Yep. You can see them from your online banking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.