Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Thinking of cancelling CSR; will I still be National Emerald Exec?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Exec.

So I’ve had the CSR for around a year and a half, and I’m looking to cancel before i pay for a renewal(maybe move to CSP?) and I was wondering if anyone had done that and did they lose their Emerald Executive status.

The reason why i care so much is that this benefit is the only benefit i see myself using as I travel for work around 30% of the time and recently the company has switched to National as their rental car company, which is amazing, because now, on every trip, i am able to choose from the Exec aisle.

The other big “perks” of the card are not used all that often, the “lounges” are usually super packed and in the international wing of airports(I travel domestic only), the trip insurance is included in the CSP, CSP has good earning categories etc.

Anyone else thinking of cancelling or have cancelled, were you still able to hold on to your National Exec status? Do they even notice?

Also what did you move to when you cancelled? I’m probably going to downgrade to CSP. But, i do love the AMEX Gold spending categories(groceries!) but the ludicrous hoops to jump through for you to earn your credits back is a big hesitation.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ODucksFTW
....rip insurance is included in the CSP,
The polices are not the same. Compare: https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve2 https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:54 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by ODucksFTW
So I’ve had the CSR for around a year and a half, and I’m looking to cancel before i pay for a renewal(maybe move to CSP?) and I was wondering if anyone had done that and did they lose their Emerald Executive status.

The reason why i care so much is that this benefit is the only benefit i see myself using as I travel for work around 30% of the time and recently the company has switched to National as their rental car company, which is amazing, because now, on every trip, i am able to choose from the Exec aisle.

The other big “perks” of the card are not used all that often, the “lounges” are usually super packed and in the international wing of airports(I travel domestic only), the trip insurance is included in the CSP, CSP has good earning categories etc.

Anyone else thinking of cancelling or have cancelled, were you still able to hold on to your National Exec status? Do they even notice?

Also what did you move to when you cancelled? I’m probably going to downgrade to CSP. But, i do love the AMEX Gold spending categories(groceries!) but the ludicrous hoops to jump through for you to earn your credits back is a big hesitation.
Cancelling CSR has been discussed and debated intensively. Read other threads.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...nefits-58.html

DEBATE: Which card is best? CSR vs Amex Plat vs other premium cards
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:59 am

I canceled my original CSR and maintained national executive elite afterward. However, I ended up upgrading another card to a CSR about 3 months later, so I can't really speak to how long status persists after canceling. If you have an amex, you might check to see whether the promotion mentioned in this DoC post is still live.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/free-...only/#comments
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:02 am

If you have (easy) status from other program (hilton gold, Hertz/AVIS/Sixt status from credit card, etc), you can do a status match easily.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:21 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by snowmt
If you have (easy) status from other program (hilton gold, Hertz/AVIS/Sixt status from credit card, etc), you can do a status match easily.
AmEx Platinum offers almost all of those....
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by xov91
I canceled my original CSR and maintained national executive elite afterward. However, I ended up upgrading another card to a CSR about 3 months later, so I can't really speak to how long status persists after canceling. If you have an amex, you might check to see whether the promotion mentioned in this DoC post is still live.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/free-...only/#comments
Don't take my experience as authoritative, but when I had Exec through Amex Plat and cancelled the card, it took National until my 'anniversary' date almost a year out to downgrade me. A couple years later, and with no action on my part, I was Exec again for a year (and used it, so I know it was 'legit' in their system). They got me for good after that, until I re-upgraded via CSR. It's almost like airline IT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.