Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Ink Plus (Need a card for utilities)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Chase Ink Plus (Need a card for utilities)

I missed out on getting the Chase Ink Plus and therefore do not have a great card for buying utilities. Is there ANY way at all to get this card? Product change or special link? I have looked and have not found anything. I need to fill the void with a 5% card or equivalent for utilities. Ideas?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I need to fill the void with a 5% card or equivalent for utilities. Ideas?
Not sure about the Ink Plus, but the Cash+ card from USB does offer utilities as one of the 5% cash back categories that you can choose every quarter. It is my go-to card for utilities (water, electric, gas, trash pick-up).
rhwbullhead likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by halamadrid
Not sure about the Ink Plus, but the Cash+ card from USB does offer utilities as one of the 5% cash back categories that you can choose every quarter. It is my go-to card for utilities (water, electric, gas, trash pick-up).
I forgot about that one, I have that card.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:51 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by halamadrid
I need to apply for that card in the near future. I just found out about it last week.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 8:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As I recall, INK Plus had the same bonus categories as INK Cash, and Utilities were not included - even though there were isolated reports of specific mis-coded utility transactions,
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I've not seen a solid utility card. Many cards will do that on a quarterly bonus, to get you to switch your card to auto payments, and hopefully keep it there.

Ink cash is fantastic for cell phone and streaming services
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by mia
As I recall, INK Plus had the same bonus categories as INK Cash, and Utilities were not included - even though there were isolated reports of specific mis-coded utility transactions,
FWIW, this is my recollection as well.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I
Are you sure about the streaming services? AFAIK its only cell, internet, cable/satellite TV.

YouTube TV, etc., are not 5x. I hope they become so as I now have YTTV.

It's (streaming) a 5x Freedom category this quarter.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:55 am

Are we calling internet and cell phone "utilities"? I always think of water, gas and electric as primary utilities. I use my Ink Business Cash card for 5x on internet and cell phone (and office supplies) but am unaware of a card that gives bonus points for the other "utilities".
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
Are you sure about the streaming services? AFAIK its only cell, internet, cable/satellite TV.

I get 5x for Netflix and Sling. I do not get it for Disney Plus.

I also get it for my cell phone and internet
philemer likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena

YouTube TV earns 5x on the CIC.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31947357-post140.html
mhdena likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by xooz
Are we calling internet and cell phone "utilities"? I always think of water, gas and electric as primary utilities. I use my Ink Business Cash card for 5x on internet and cell phone (and office supplies) but am unaware of a card that gives bonus points for the other "utilities".
We've always had a very high business related utility bill, of the water/gas/electric variety. The INK cards never covered those.

In addition to the card mentioned above, this card also offers a utility category as a choice for a bonus category. https://www.bbvausa.com/credit-cards...s-program.html
Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I've not seen a solid utility card. Many cards will do that on a quarterly bonus, to get you to switch your card to auto payments, and hopefully keep it there.

Even though the Cash+ works on "quarterly" categories, the categories are pretty much static and don't rotate so you can pretty much choose utilities as a 5% category every quarter. They also have a pretty comprehensive TV, Internet, and Streaming Services category that also gets you 5% cash back every quarter. It includes YouTube, Disney+, etc. It is true that USB has tweaked the categories over time, but I would argue that it has been for the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.