Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Need Help booking Air New Zealand Couches with UR points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help booking Air New Zealand Couches with UR points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:31 pm

Last time we had Skycouch I simply redeemed via travel portal using the CSR 50% bonus value. You should check that route before transferring points out.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:45 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingBear
.... I am looking for is anyone with any information about booking the couch through UR site using points. I know on the ANZ site you have to book economy then see if there are any couches available then select the couch for each leg you want. I have done dummy bookings for pricing.
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
Last time we had Skycouch I simply redeemed via travel portal ....
I think TravelingBear is looking for guidance on HOW to book those seats via the Chase portal. Does the portal offer those seats directly as a purchase option, or did you have to book standard seats via Chase and then change the booking after the fact?
TravelingBear likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Last time we had Skycouch I simply redeemed via travel portal using the CSR 50% bonus value. You should check that route before transferring points out.

Could you please elaborate on the process you used to book the Skycouch? My understanding is that the couch is not available on the portal....though I could be wrong.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:29 am

Book the flight as cheap as you can. Call Chase Travel and upgrade to Skycouch with points.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Book the flight as cheap as you can. Call Chase Travel and upgrade to Skycouch with points.
Did you book your cheap fare through Chase or through Air New Zealand? And do you recall the amount of points you used at that time?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Last time we had Skycouch I simply redeemed via travel portal using the CSR 50% bonus value.....
Did you book your cheap fare through Chase ....
The only way to redeem at $0.015/point is through the Chase portal. The number of points required is based on the fare at the time of booking. You should compare Chase's price to Air New Zealand web price before deciding.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
The only way to redeem at $0.015/point is through the Chase portal. The number of points required is based on the fare at the time of booking. You should compare Chase's price to Air New Zealand web price before deciding.
He said he purchased a cheap ticket then used points to upgrade. My question is how he purchased the cheap ticket. He did not say he used points for the cheap ticket but that he called chase to upgrade the cheap ticket using points. I understand how to use the points directly and how to compare Chase to ANZ.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:09 pm

Did you book your cheap fare through Chase or through Air New Zealand? And do you recall the amount of points you used at that time?
Through Chase Portal.

I sometimes get better fares on Chase than Google flight shows. Sometimes Chase portal is only a few dollars more. Last time wife, myself and lap infant flew Air NZ LAX- STR one stop roughly $1600 fare value and we redeemed at 66.6% obviously. In fact the fare went away when I was ready to book, called customer service and they were able to see it. Also upgraded to Skycouch cheap with points at 66.6% again. Chase portal has been awesome for me. Amex travel not so much. I hate booking lodging at AMEX especially that prepaid nonesense.

One card I would love to see in action is USB Altitude. The real time mobile redeem would.be a perfect upgrade for CSR. Listen up Chase
TravelingBear likes this.

Last edited by openwheelracing; Dec 19, 2019 at 10:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.