Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Avios Earning Credit Cards: BA, Aer Lingus, Iberia- Up to 100K Avios & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fredc84
British Airways, Aer LIngus and Iberia credit cards, all issued by Chase, all earning Avios.

This thread is a continuation of the now archived: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-chase-ba-visa-up-100k-avios-now-rebate-award-fees-18.html

Chase now has 3 Avios earning credit cards, all currently offering up to 100K Avios per card.
Up to 100K Avios - 75K after $5K spend/3 mos. plus 25K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways

New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR (BA credit card only). 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase Avios Earning Credit Cards: BA, Aer Lingus, Iberia- Up to 100K Avios & more

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:19 pm

Are the BA, EI, and IB cards all considered the same card? Or can you get all three cards simultaneously?
Old Sep 27, 2021, 8:40 pm

Check your Chase Avios cards for a spending bonus in October, November, and December: spend $1,000 per month and get 3,000 Avios bonus each month. Each month is a separate promotion.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:26 pm

hit bonus on IB, wasn't posting. SM back and forth a few times and now I received 2 100k point bonuses.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Check your Chase Avios cards for a spending bonus in October, November, and December: spend $1,000 per month and get 3,000 Avios bonus each month. Each month is a separate promotion.

https://www.chase.com/mybonus
I got:
You'll earn 10,000 Avios per month when you spend $5,000 on purchases per month on your Aer Lingus, British Airways, or Iberia Visa Signature® Card between October 1 and December 31, 20211 link to go to footnote 1—that's in addition to the Avios you already earn with your card!
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 8:56 pm

Anyone know if the BA, Aer Lingus, and Iberia cards are considered three separate cards? Any reason someone couldn't get all three either concurrently or serially?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If holding one card precluded opening another it would say so here: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

https://creditcards.chase.com/avios/cards

There is no downside to applying. Chase will not open the account if you are not eligible to earn the bonus.

Last edited by mia; Dec 28, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:39 am

Is anyone else seeing a significant lag in the posting of Avios to the Executive Club from Chase cards? What used to take two or three days is now taking close to two weeks (or more).

Is it just me?
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Is anyone else seeing a significant lag in the posting of Avios to the Executive Club from Chase cards? What used to take two or three days is now taking close to two weeks (or more).

Is it just me?
Update: The Avios for my household's three BA cards all posted to my BAEC accounts this morning. BA has obviously shifted to processing these postings in batches --- the card statements for these three cards closed 7, 16, and 18 days ago, respectively. That is good to know for future planning if I am ever cutting it close on a redemption. This is a change that happened sometime in December. (The November postings all occurred within two days of the statement date.)

Nothing is so trivial that it escapes the watchful eye of a pedantic retiree.....
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:58 pm

1. I signed up for the Aer Lingus card and met the minimum spending so it shows 108k miles transferred to Aerclub. The issue I have is I never opened an Aerclub account assuming when I opened the card one would be created for me and I would receive notification of that. Well... I have not and the Avios are floating around somewhere. I have called Chase and Aerclub each four times and have been sent back and forth. Has anyone had this issue? How did you get it resolved?

2. Basically the same issues for my father, but with BA. He accidentally deleted the email with his Executive Account info in it and for some reason no one at BA can find him and Chase is again no help.

How do I get these avios moved to accounts so we can book our tickets for travel in May. I am starting to get anxious watching the business award tickets dwindle.Thank you!!!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Help Persuading Chase to Honor BA Visa Bonus Terms

Hi everyone:

I knew I should have saved the direct mail offer that induced me to get the Chase British Airways Signature Visa ...

When I signed up in June 2021 last year the bonus offer was for 100k Avios: 50k after I spent $3,000 in the first 90 days, the other 50k after I spent $20,000 within the first year.

First 50k came through on cue. When I hit the second threshold nothing happened. Exchanged messages with Chase reps -- they claim the offer was for 50k + a "Travel Together" cert upon hitting $20,000 spend.

I feel the Travel Together cert is of marginal value and would never have changed my card behavior to pursue one. The offer has always been for 100k Avios (shortly after I signed up, Chase sweetened the offer to 100k after a $5,000 spend, and so it remains today. Bad timing on my part, but still).

Chase is basically reneging on its bonus promise and stonewalling me. Frustrating because I should have filed the promo DM away in case of this scenario, so I'm mad at myself, but mostly mad at Chase. I located archive screenshots from View from the Wing mentioning my signup terms and sent them off to Chase, but to no avail.

What would you do? Anyone have any old documentation? TIA as always.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:24 am
mia

The Travel Together certificate is a standard feature of the card, not part of the new account bonus.

You can file a complaint here: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
BearX220 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
The Travel Together certificate is a standard feature of the card, not part of the new account bonus.
/
The standard feature is a certificate after $30,000 spend. The new account bonus offered a certificate after only $20,000 spend in the first year, $30,000 spend thereafter.
mia likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
I just got approved and received my new AerLingus card for the 100K miles promotion. I am under the assumption that Chase/AerLingus will open an account for me automatically. How do I find it? I received no email/letter on that topic. I'm not in a hurry to use the points, but it would be nice to track my progress each month. I plan to get the Iberia card after fullfilling my spending for this card. Same question for Iberia.
I already have a long time BA card and miles account if it makes any difference...

Another question - Any idea whether I would be able to use the BA/Aer-Lingus/Iberia card in Europe (Norway to be exact)? I requested a pin in secure message on chase.com and it explained that the pin is only for cash advance?? So should I get a pin or leave it and use my card without pin anyway? Planning to use it at unmanned gas stations, supermarket and restaurants mostly.

Last edited by mia; Jun 22, 2022 at 3:12 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:16 pm
mia

Originally Posted by chunky649
....able to use the BA/Aer-Lingus/Iberia card in Europe ....
You can use any card in Europe, but having a PIN does not transform a USA-issued Chip & Signature card into a Chip & PIN card. For the most part you can use the card for contactless payments, but if you insert the card the terminal will print a slip for you to sign. The attendant may, or may not, know what to do. The card may, or may not, work at unattended kiosks and fuel pumps. It depends how they are programmed.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by mia
You can use any card in Europe, but having a PIN does not transform a USA-issued Chip & Signature card into a Chip & PIN card. For the most part you can use the card for contactless payments, but if you insert the card the terminal will print a slip for you to sign. The attendant may, or may not, know what to do. The card may, or may not, work at unattended kiosks and fuel pumps. It depends how they are programmed.
Thanks Mia. I do remember not having any problems with my Chase sapphire last year in Iceland (automated gas pumps and all). Hoping for the same experience in Norway later this year with My AerLingus card...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.