Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Emergency Medical & Dental

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Chase Emergency Medical & Dental

Just a quick data point. Earlier this year mrsmicah ended up in the emergency department with a broken finger on vacation. A month or so later a friend and I were discussing credit card benefits when I realized I'd forgotten about the CSR Emergency Medical & Dental benefit. I called Card Benefit Services (since you can't do these claims online) and they took some info over the phone and e-mailed me a claim form. After a few weeks of trying to get the emergency room to fill out the "attending physician statement" portion of the form, I gave up and sent the form to CBS with a copy of the hospital discharge papers and a note that I was including them in lieu of the physician statement since the physician was unavailable. A week after I e-mailed in my (mostly) completed claim form and documentation, I got an e-mail saying the claim was approved and they direct deposited the money into my checking account a day or two later.

It's possible other claims might not be this easy, since ours was relatively small (after the $50 deductible we got back less than $200 in co-insurance payments) and I don't think an adjuster is likely to be concerned about an injury like this somehow being pre-existing. But I was very pleased with how fast and relatively easy this was compared to some other credit card benefit claims I've made in the past. It's an easy-to-overlook but pretty great benefit.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:12 pm

they bounced the claim back to me, saying that i need to submit a copy of my personal health insurance declarations page. now, i know of declaration pages for auto, home, umbrella, but have not heard of or seen such a thing for health. any ideas what to submit? copy of health insurance card?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When I login to my insurer's website I find a couple of PDF documents that might be suitable. One is "Summary of Benefits", and the other is "Evidence of Coverage" which includes a "Medical Benefits Chart".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.