Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UA Select Visa: 3x on Gas, dining thru June 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Offer via email titled “Accelerate Your Miles with this limited-time offer“

Your Offer:
Earn 1 additional mile per $1 spent on your gas station purchases and dining at restaurants. Earn your bonus from the month you register through June 30, 2019.

———

This is basically one bonus mile per dollar on top of the regular 2x for gas and dining. I registered, but I don’t think I will use it. Prefer 3x UR via CSR and 3X TY via Citi Premier. The Select card is in the “sock drawer” (safe).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a similar (but not quite the same) offer on my UA Biz Explorer card: an additional mile per dollar on grocery and dining, making it a total of 2x on grocery and 3x on dining (no promo on gas in my case).

These seem targeted, but it's unclear yet with just 2 reports for 2 different cards how targeted they may be (ie, does everyone with the same card get the same offer or not)?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I got a similar (but not quite the same) offer on my UA Biz Explorer card: an additional mile per dollar on grocery and dining, making it a total of 2x on grocery and 3x on dining (no promo on gas in my case).

These seem targeted, but it's unclear yet with just 2 reports for 2 different cards how targeted they may be (ie, does everyone with the same card get the same offer or not)?
there are a few more reports in the Explorer master thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...r-card-60.html
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the promo for the UA card the same for everyone?

When I open the UA app I get a banner for the promo. When I go to sign up, the terms say that I get bonus miles for the categories as described in the mailer I received. I didn't receive the mailer (I checked my spam folder; it's not there either). So they are letting me sign up but they won't tell me what the terms are.

So, is it always grocery and restaurant, or do different people get different categories?

Edit: After I registered, it told me what the bonus categories are. Grocery and Restaurant. I penalty won't actually use this -- CSR is still better for restaurants and I don't really shop at grocery stores. 2 UA miles does not make buying GCs worthwhile. I haven't made a purchase on this card since I met the minimum spend for the sign up bonus. I do like the 25% bonus on MPX but that probably isn't enough to pay the fee and keep the card.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Apr 27, 2019 at 1:39 pm
Old May 6, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
I noticed the offer on the website. It won't even give me the terms and conditions, whether or not I am signed in as a MP member.
Not too well "targeted" IMO and poorly executed announcement to boot. But if this is all it is, then never mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.