Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sending a duplicate Chase card to a friend's address

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum

My new Chase United Explorer Business card just arrived at my registered address in California. Activated yesterday.

However, I'm overseas so I don't have the card in my hands.

A friend who lives in New Jersey is going to meet me in a few weeks time and I'm thinking of requesting Chase to send a duplicate of my credit card to his address. Would that raise red flags?
Would sending a duplicate card to his address in my name as a one-off request cause card issuers to send junk mail to his address in my name in the future?

ETA: Would my friend have to sign for the delivery of my duplicate Chase card?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Extremely doubtful that Chase would do this.
1. New card.
2. Duplicate card.
3. Not mailed to account address.

Presumably if you know that the card has arrived at your address, someone has told you. Have that person overnight it to you wherever you are.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Why not ask Chase to send a duplicate card to you at your location overseas?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:44 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by hightide
My new Chase United Explorer Business card just arrived at my registered address in California. Activated yesterday.

However, I'm overseas so I don't have the card in my hands.

Who activated the card? Can't they just mail it to your friend before he leaves to meet up with you?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Which ever option you pick, be aware that Chase mail out their card really slow. I remember years back, if I asked for a replacement card, they would do next day air to get it to me. Last year, I left my CSR at a restaurant in a different state and had to fly back home. They have assign me a new number (which I said they don't have to because the restaurant said they destroyed my card as I asked), but I got a number anyway which is fine. I thought they would rush the card out to me, but they mailed it 2 days later and using USPS regular mail and took a week to get to me.

You said your friend will visit in a few weeks, so that should be fine but don't wait until a week before to call. And I think you should just ask Chase to mail it to you oversea location even if it is a hotel. I think they would do it.. probably get there before your friend.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: *A
IME been no problem with this Explain that you're travelling and want your card delivered to where you are now. A bit extra security is needed, but card arrives overseas within a week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.