Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any Speculation on Chase Freedom Categories for Q1 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Speculation on Chase Freedom Categories for Q1 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
They even added UR point redemption to SPay because of the Chase Pay tie-in. Not a good value (similar to TY at Amazon), but an interesting development. Just be careful not to turn it on when using the SPay Freedom cross-over to access Chase Pay.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:09 pm

Personally I hope they do keep Chase Pay as one of the bonus categories for January. Properly utilized it is not that hard to max out. First add chase pay to your Samsung pay. That done you can now set Chase as your primary card and use Samsung Pay everywhere that it is accepted which is mostly everywhere. Every time you use Samsung Pay you get 5% bonus on your Chase plus the Samsung reward points. Also pay attention to your 10% bonus points offers. My favorite grocery store was on there as well as my favorite pet store I shop at along with Staples which I will be going to for ink. It's a win win situation all around. And don't forget to add Chase Pay as a payment option on your Walmart Pay. Again you just set Chase Pay as your primary payment method for Walmart Pay and reap the 5% rewards.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Moneytalks
....Properly utilized it is not that hard to max out. First add chase pay to your Samsung pay....
Doesn't this require a Samsung phone or watch?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:37 pm

I have only ever owned Samsung phones so I can't speak for other brands. All I know is that all of my purchases this month I am getting the 5% bonus on, including liquor stores.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by ShootinPutin11
Walmart doesn't even allow for in-store Chase Pay payments, which is stunning. Chase really needs to expand the network for Chase Pay or allow people to pay with any mobile wallet like they did one or two quarters ago.
They actually do though. If you use the Walmart Pay function via the Walmart app, then choose Chase Pay as your payment method, you're good to go. Every register in the store accepts Walmart Pay, thus every register accepts Chase Pay.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Axela05
They actually do though. If you use the Walmart Pay function via the Walmart app, then choose Chase Pay as your payment method, you're good to go. Every register in the store accepts Walmart Pay, thus every register accepts Chase Pay.
Welcome to FT!! Looks like a helpful post.
Axela05 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The purpose of this thread will cease to exist in a few days. We're a few days away from knowing the actual Chase Freedom categories for Q1 2019. Officially they're revealed on the Dec 15th, but sometimes they appear a handful of hours early.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The purpose of this thread will cease to exist in a few days. We're a few days away from knowing the actual Chase Freedom categories for Q1 2019. Officially they're revealed on the Dec 15th, but sometimes they appear a handful of hours early.
And they are, according to OMAAT the Q1 categories are gas stations, drugstores, and tolls.

I suspect the MSers among us are pleased with this
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Moderator Note: The categories have been announced. Discussion is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...res-tolls.html
This thread is now closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.