Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

issues getting in UR portal - unless I use incognito

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong... I use Chrome.

When I log in to my account then try to browse to UR portal - I see my card and then when I click on one of them it start loading the next page but stops... happens often.

I tried to delete all cookies from Chase but still no good. This will suddenly work a few hours later...

What does work consistently - if I log with incognito...

Any thoughts?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:08 am

What extensions do you have installed? Maybe it's an adblocker/flashblocker issue.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Good point

I just double checked and I do not have any ad block/flash block installed... I used ot have so I checked and have none.... strange.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bklgafly
Wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong... I use Chrome.

When I log in to my account then try to browse to UR portal - I see my card and then when I click on one of them it start loading the next page but stops... happens often.

I tried to delete all cookies from Chase but still no good. This will suddenly work a few hours later...

What does work consistently - if I log with incognito...

Any thoughts?
Same problem here with FF and Chrome. Log in, see cards, click on UR link & get a blank page. I've cleared cache several times to no avail. But using MS Internet Explorer it works great. Frustrating.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:37 pm

FF works fine for me. Any add-ons/extensions?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
Same problem here with FF and Chrome. Log in, see cards, click on UR link & get a blank page. I've cleared cache several times to no avail. But using MS Internet Explorer it works great. Frustrating.
Exactly what happens to me.

Try using incognito..works well for me but it is annoying because I'm not sure shop through chase will work
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Try clearing out the cookies as well. This has happened to me in the past and when I clear all Chase cookies everything works again in Chrome.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I've had this same issue literally *forever* with Chrome. I have ad block plus installed but have whitelisted/disabled for Chase. UR site only works for me in incognito as well, however in general I have ABP set to run in both regular and incognito so I'm inclined to think that isn't the issue. No idea what could be causing this issue otherwise

Last edited by brosnan6; Jul 24, 2018 at 11:54 am
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

it used to be cookies that screw me up. I currently have it set where all *.chase.com, after exiting the site to clear all cookies for *.chase.com. I havent had a problem ever since then.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by BuBu4
it used to be cookies that screw me up. I currently have it set where all *.chase.com, after exiting the site to clear all cookies for *.chase.com. I havent had a problem ever since then.
But by doing this, are you prompted to do the 2 factor verification every single time you login? For me that would be more annoying than having to switch to incognito for the occasional UR visit.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:30 pm

I don't believe so. I have my browser set to clear all cookies on exit of the program, and the only time Inhave had to do the 2FA is when I update my browser or log in from a new machine. (New machine is rare once I had logged in from all 4 of mine.)

So I don’t believe cookies are what trigger 2FA, it’s the where/what/how combination. Change a variable in that, and you get 2FA.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
But by doing this, are you prompted to do the 2 factor verification every single time you login? For me that would be more annoying than having to switch to incognito for the occasional UR visit.
i believe Chase remembers your IP. I never get prompted 2FA every time... i get it like once a year i think.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:13 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
FYI ... I find issues like this in Chrome are usually fixed by clearing cookies, but Chrome also lets you clear cookies for specific sites without clearing everything, so that you don't lose auto-logins and other benefits at unaffected sites:

Go to the 3 dots at the upper-right
Settings
Advanced
Content Settings
Cookies
See all cookies and site data

Then search for the offending site -- "chase" in this case -- and click Remove All Shown.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by bgriff
FYI ... I find issues like this in Chrome are usually fixed by clearing cookies, but Chrome also lets you clear cookies for specific sites without clearing everything, so that you don't lose auto-logins and other benefits at unaffected sites:

Go to the 3 dots at the upper-right
Settings
Advanced
Content Settings
Cookies
See all cookies and site data

Then search for the offending site -- "chase" in this case -- and click Remove All Shown.
Done it numerous times--still a "no go". I'll just use IE from now on for this site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.