Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I'd ask that here: New Chase IHG Credit Card Options
Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:37 am

[sbaa]

Last edited by beltway; Apr 10, 2024 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 3, 2024, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by beltway
As usual, it depends.
  • Do you currently hold a Premier or Traveler card? If so, you’re ineligible.
  • What’s your 5/24 count?
Assuming neither of these factors bars you, I’d give it at least a few days between cancellation and application.
Yeah I saw that. However who knows what their rules are... if it still shows on the credit bureaus , does it still count? (I called a chase rep and she said it)
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by ACR2013
The welcome bonus posted to my IHG account 48 hours later after the regular points, around 10AM ET
I have the ihg card with 4FN as sub. I just got my first statement - should I also wait about 2-3 days to see if this SUB arrives before I call? I prefer to not call.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:24 am

$25 UA TB per card or per member?

I always thought that the $25 United Travel Bank credit is only available on the personal Premier card and not the business version, and just learned that actually both versions have that benefit.

I have both the personal and business cards, but have only received one $25 credit. Has anyone got experience on this?

The terms seem a bit vague about this (emphasis mnine):
Must be an IHG One Rewards Premier or Premier Business cardmember to be eligible for this benefit. Each calendar year, the primary cardmember will receive one $25 United® TravelBank cash deposit in their United MileagePlus® account on or about January 5, and another $25 United® TravelBank cash deposit on or about July 5, subject to the requirements and restrictions below. Cardmembers must complete a one-time registration to receive this benefit. Registration is available at ihg.com/united. The registration must be made through the Cardmember’s IHG One Rewards account. Only one registration per IHG® account is permitted.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I always thought that the $25 United Travel Bank credit is only available on the personal Premier card and not the business version, and just learned that actually both versions have that benefit.

I have both the personal and business cards, but have only received one $25 credit. Has anyone got experience on this?

The terms seem a bit vague about this (emphasis mnine):
Yes, its available on both but you only get one
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:19 pm

Now offering 165K points for new cards with $3K spending in 3 months: https://viewfromthewing.com/unlock-1...mproved-offer/
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Looks like Chase has removed the language about ineligibility for a welcome bonus if the legacy rewards club card is still open. Now the verbiage only refers to open IHG One cards. Any experience here? Am thinking of canceling all IHG cards and just churning every two years as the 40K anniversary night is nearly worthless.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Looks like Chase has removed the language about ineligibility for a welcome bonus if the legacy rewards club card is still open. Now the verbiage only refers to open IHG One cards. Any experience here? Am thinking of canceling all IHG cards and just churning every two years as the 40K anniversary night is nearly worthless.
Well if you were going to cancel all IHG cards anyways then the language about the legacy cards wouldn’t affect you.

what I want to do is keep my old $49 select and churn the $99 IHG premier card.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:51 pm

deleted
RedElmo likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by beltway
I would be wiling to wager a nontrivial sum of money that the T&C do not mean what you’re suggesting. The program is now called IHG One Rewards, so all the cards—including legacy cards no longer available for new signups—are IHG One Rewards cards.
Sadly, I am 100% sure you are correct.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:29 pm

Does anyone know if authorized user for IHG Premier also gets Platinum status automatically?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:37 am

deleted

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo
,,,what I want to do is keep my old $49 select and churn the $99 IHG premier card.
This would be my ideal situation. At the moment, only getting the IHG business cards; will churn these.

Between P2 and myself, we only have one ($49) Select card. The free night cert is only 40K that can't be top off; it is getting harder to use. I may use the cert once every 3-years. I am thinking about canceling and focus on getting points (via churn).
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Any idea if there is a CC I can downgrade the old IHG Select card to that will allow me to get the bonus on a new IHG Premier CC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.