Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This is the NEW Chase IHG Rewards Club Premier card. It replaced the old IHG Rewards Club Select card in 2018. Existing card members were not automatically product changed to the new card. Among the many changes, the AF jumped from $49 to $89 per year.

Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Current Offer:

https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...mier?CELL=6TKW

125,000 bonus points

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

Plus, earn 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.

25X Points Total per dollar at IHG®

That's 10X points at IHG® Hotels and Resorts as an IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember

Plus 10X points from IHG® for being an IHG® Rewards Club member

Plus 5X points from IHG® with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card

2X points per dollar

Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.

Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.

Anniversary Night

Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide.
Anniversary free night is only valid at IHG hotels with a current point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.

Fourth Reward Night

Enjoy a reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights.*

Annual Fee

$89 per year. Not waived for the first year.

Chase link to site describing the new cards:
https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

ChasePremier

However, this is not the best offer out there. If you start making a hotel booking on IHG.com, you will be presented with the same offer (80,000 points + 5,000 for AU) PLUS a $50 statement credit.

IHG forum thread about the new cards (and grandfathered old card for those have it already):
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...d-options.html

For discussion prior to April 2018, see this archived thread.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2016194-applying-chase-business-cards-april-2020-onward.html

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No.

Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Club Premier MC- 125K Points, Free Night, $3K spend

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 11:18 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rvlcr
my first statement closed yesterday (5/25), and all my regular multiplier points for dining, gas, travel etc posted. However, my 140000 welcome bonus did not post (despite hitting the 3k). is that expected behavior?
I thought this was in the Wiki but it was not! So I just added it:

Q. Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by rvlcr
hello

my first statement closed yesterday (5/25), and all my regular multiplier points for dining, gas, travel etc posted. However, my 140000 welcome bonus did not post (despite hitting the 3k). is that expected behavior? anyone know when i should expect the bonus points to post? hoping to lock in reward nights, and the more i wait the higher the likelihood for them to get snagged. anyone know whether there is a way to just expedite the posting of the bonus since the other points seem to have posted just fine?

thanks
It depends when you hit your $3000 in respect to the statement cut off. Sometimes it’s 5 or 7 days before statement close date. Otherwise the system doesn’t catch it in time.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I thought this was in the Wiki but it was not! So I just added it:

thanks everyone. what is interesting is that on the transaction that put me over the threshold (done on 5.18), i received this message indicating that as part of this transaction i will receive the 140k points. since regular per dollar points posted for this transaction, i hope this means i am in the clear and that i will receive the bonus shortly.... i really need it to post this month and not next.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:52 am

I had the $49 card for many years, and signed up for the Premium on Feb 28th. I understood that to be right before the new rules would be implemented. I completed the 3k spending weeks ago, but the bonus point didn't post when my account closed last week. I'm not sure how much follow up I'm up to at the moment when it comes to Chase, but I'm guessing I cut it too close since others got it within two days of closing.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mareh
.... I completed the 3k spending weeks ago, but the bonus point didn't post....
How many days before the end of the billing cycle did you finish the $3,000 spend? If it was a week or less the bonus may post at the end of the NEXT cycle.

Last edited by mia; May 28, 2022 at 8:04 am
Old May 28, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mia
How many days before the end of the billing cycle did you finish the $3,000 spend? If it was a week or less the bonus may post at the end of the NEXT cycle.
Thank you! I neglected to count a return I made. If Chase counted that against me, I was close to the closing date before I hit 3k. I hope that's it!

Editing to add: I received my points today!

Last edited by mareh; Jun 3, 2022 at 11:43 am
Old May 28, 2022, 10:43 am

i've called chase twice now and they say theres nothing they can do to expedite the points despite my statement cleary staying that i earned the 140k bonus during this period. i hit mine on 5.18 with a 5.25 close date, which in theory should suffice. ill wait another few days before giving up hope.
Old May 28, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
my Chase sign-up bonus points posted 2 days after the statement's spend points posted
Same here, for both my wife and myself. Yours may be further delayed by the holiday weekend.

Last edited by MarkMColo; May 29, 2022 at 11:02 am
Old May 28, 2022, 8:31 pm

I was ready to post a similar question early in May when the other line item points from the statement were in my account on the 8th, the big bonus wasn't there on the 10th at 8 a.m., but then it was there at 10. Keep watching.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
I was ready to post a similar question early in May when the other line item points from the statement were in my account on the 8th, the big bonus wasn't there on the 10th at 8 a.m., but then it was there at 10. Keep watching.
thanks for your input. really hoping that the holiday weekend is what is delaying the points... still not seeing anything.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:58 pm

I am really thinking of getting this card but I am conerned about availability. I read comments from other websites that even if I get my free night or if I do the 4th night free deal,there is very limited availability and the points are a total waste.

Is this what other people are seeing in real life?
Old May 30, 2022, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tovo
I am really thinking of getting this card but I am conerned about availability. I read comments from other websites that even if I get my free night or if I do the 4th night free deal,there is very limited availability and the points are a total waste.

No. Go online and do some searches for properties you might visit in the future and look at availability.
Colin and Rare like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:17 pm

It depends on where you want to go, where you want to stay. Speaking for myself, since IHG switched to variable pricing I've gotten some great deals on points stays. And with this card, you can "top off" a free night certificate with points if needed, which I could also use. I regret not applying for this card before they changed the rules such that now you can only have one IHG card. I don't want to give up the Select card because of its 10% points rebate (and lower annual fee). If I didn't already have the Select, I would apply for the new Premier card, no question.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

As others posted, depends where you want to go. I got the card and the 140k bonus at the time, and used some of it for four 25k free nights in the Disneyland / Buena Park CA when the nights were about $250 per night. So $1,000 of value there. For two years I used my free annual night for the Crown Plaza right on the beach in Ventura, CA, which retailed at $300 per night after taxes.

Last edited by tstauck; Jun 1, 2022 at 2:03 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
No. Go online and do some searches for properties you might visit in the future and look at availability.
And "look at availability" here means actually clicking through to individual property rates even if the summary results claim no award availability for the property in question. I've run across one case where a search for using a Flex 40K FNC in SFO turned up results that included a no-award tag & only an apparent cash rate for the Mr & Mrs Smith Lodge at the Presidio--but when I clicked through, there was option to book with the FNC + points.
happychic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.