Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
New offer for Chase Ink Card. $350 when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and an additional $400 when you spend $6,000 on purchases in the first 6 months after account opening.

https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...cash?CELL=6TKV

Print Wikipost

INK Business Cash.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:27 pm

Datapoint: Wife auto approved from online app after 4 days. 4/24 Legit business with modest revenue, already has Ink preferred.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:03 am

Is there a number you can call to find out the status of your application?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Is there a number you can call to find out the status of your application?
This type of information is common to many Chase cards. Look at the Wikipost at this top of this thread, item 15:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lkar
Datapoint: Wife auto approved from online app after 4 days. 4/24 Legit business with modest revenue, already has Ink preferred.
Did she use her name as the business name & type of business as sole proprietor?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Did she use her name as the business name & type of business as sole proprietor?
No, it’s an actual one-owner LLC.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:24 pm

For the last 3 or 4 years I've been paying all of my expenses on my Capitol one Card and paying it off at the end of the month. I've gotten ~1,000$ in rewards points just using the 1.5x.

I've had a Chase Freedom for 6+ years and haven't taken full advantage. I've recently started doing so.

I got the Chase Saphire Reserve last month and am working on the bonus for that.

I recently came across the Chase Ink Business Cash back card.

I don't do anything in terms of a legitimate business. For the past several years, I've bough basketball cards and held onto them--and occasionally I've found someone that would pay money for some of those cards. But I've never kept any books or paid any taxes. It's a hobby that I enjoy the business aspect of.

The purpose of the card would truly be the rewards points. I've been having my cable/internet/cell withdrawn from my credit card for years at 1.5x. 3 is obviously better. And 2x Gas is nice too.

If I wanted to apply for the card:
  1. Am I able to get the bonus since I got the CSR within the last 30 or so days? How long should I wait?
  2. How in depth do I have to go to show my "business" is a business
  3. Are their tax ramifications? Meaning will the government or someone be looking into my "business" because I went and got this card?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jm192
For the last 3 or 4 years I've been paying all of my expenses on my Capitol one Card and paying it off at the end of the month. I've gotten ~1,000$ in rewards points just using the 1.5x.

I've had a Chase Freedom for 6+ years and haven't taken full advantage. I've recently started doing so.

I got the Chase Saphire Reserve last month and am working on the bonus for that.

I don't do anything in terms of a legitimate business. For the past several years, I've bough basketball cards and held onto them--and occasionally I've found someone that would pay money for some of those cards. But I've never kept any books or paid any taxes. It's a hobby that I enjoy the business aspect of.

The purpose of the card would truly be the rewards points. I've been having my cable/internet/cell withdrawn from my credit card for years at 1.5x. 3 is obviously better. And 2x Gas is nice too.

1. Am I able to get the bonus since I got the CSR within the last 30 or so days? How long should I wait?
  3. Are their tax ramifications? Meaning will the government or someone be looking into my "business" because I went and got this card?
Welcome to flyertalk. There are many who have similar businesses and who apply for business cards. There are many resources on the web for how to answer questions for a low revenue business. Better to not get a card then lie on an application. The general idea is to tell the truth on the application and if asked for more info. There are not many reports of credit cards triggering government inquiry that I am aware of but you should not really base your comfort level on a thing like that on a message board.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:07 am

1. Assuming you have had no Chase credit applications in the last 30 days, you are good to go right now.
  2. A sole proprietor doesn't have any paperwork supporting his/her business, so there wouldn't be anything to show. As a sole proprietor,you would apply with your first name and last name as the business name, and your social security number as the tax id.
  3. Having a business credit card has no tax consequences. Only if your business has a profit of >$400 are you required to file a Schedule C.
Also, one correction to your original post. This card earns 5x on cable/phone/internet--not 3x.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster

I told chase I was reseller. You sound like a reseller as well. I'm guessing not everyone has a real business here on ft. I didn't have an actual business before apply but reselling is close enough.

I was not auto approved for my first ink plus card. I was prepared when discussing my business with chase how many years in business income generated number of employees etc. Last year I applied for the chase ink preferred in branch 100k offer and was auto approved.

​​​​​​​Good luck with your business and application with chase.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Update application was not approved due to equifax freeze. Removed the freeze spoke with chase approved within five minutes of the call. I now have the following ink cards. I don't have true business but I do resell on a weekly basis.

ink business plus
ink business preferred
ink business cash
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedSun
I highly doubt that Chase will give you the 3rd Ink card. Good luck.

Also a lot folks won't qualify due to Chase 5/24. They will check your business.
no check on the business approved for three chase ink cards.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:32 am

I think I made the mistake of getting the Chase IHG and Hyatt at the beginning of the year, taking me up to 5/24. I had thought the IHG and Hyatt were exempt from the count for 5/24, but apparently they do count.

Is there a way to get around this so I can get the Chase Ink Cash?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by julian926
...IHG and Hyatt were exempt from the count for 5/24,...
This seems to be a common misunderstanding. When you read that a card is not subject to 5/24 it means that the number of cards opened in the past 24 months does not automatically disqualify an application for that card. It does not mean that opening the card is excluded from your 5/24 counter. Chase counts ALL reported personal card openings from ALL issuers.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:23 pm

Would like clarification on following situation. Have 1 ink cash card in hand for my landscaping business that I have had for a while. If I apply for a second ink cash card for a business selling on eBay (1) will I be eligible for the card and (2) if approved am I eligible for the 50000 UR bonus. Am under 5/24.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by strucklee
Would like clarification on following situation. Have 1 ink cash card in hand for my landscaping business that I have had for a while. If I apply for a second ink cash card for a business selling on eBay (1) will I be eligible for the card and (2) if approved am I eligible for the 50000 UR bonus. Am under 5/24.
You would need to apply using a different tax ID than the one you used on your first application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.