Hard pull consequences

Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Hard pull consequences

Seeing that Chase says I'm 5/24 even though the 5th card is a store card only with no VISA or MC logo but what are the repercussions if I apply for the CIC with the 50k bonus?

Besides possibly being turned down what can things be for me when in a few months (4) I will be 4/24 and wanting a Chase card then? Other words how much, if any damage to my credit score. TIA
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Caribgrl
Seeing that Chase says I'm 5/24 even though the 5th card is a store card only with no VISA or MC logo...
Who at Chase says that you're 5/24? Were you declined for a card for this reason?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Who at Chase says that you're 5/24? Were you declined for a card for this reason?
On the part of the Chase page where it shows your credit score (can't think of the name) it's saying I opened 5. Haven't applied since then so no haven't been declined. But just wondering what are the consequences of a hard pull (especially if denied).
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
On the part of the Chase page where it shows your credit score (can't think of the name) it's saying I opened 5. Haven't applied since then so no haven't been declined. But just wondering what are the consequences of a hard pull (especially if denied).
No consequence at all with Chase. The 5/24 is only for cards opened not applications. If you have 5 applications but only got approved for 3 you would be 3/24 with Chase!
Also CIC is a business card that shouldn't count as a card opened by Chase, Citi, or Amex.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
IME a hard pull may cost 2 or 3 points on your credit score.

If you do a number of pulls in a short period of time the impact may be greater, as it may be viewed as a sign of credit problems.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
IME a hard pull may cost 2 or 3 points on your credit score.

If you do a number of pulls in a short period of time the impact may be greater, as it may be viewed as a sign of credit problems.
Thanks. This is what I was looking for . So a hard pull in the next week or two is a few points. Then another hard pull say in July hopefully nottoo bad...At least on the second hard pull I would most likely be approved.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Thanks. This is what I was looking for . So a hard pull in the next week or two is a few points. Then another hard pull say in July hopefully nottoo bad...At least on the second hard pull I would most likely be approved.
The amount your score drops depends on the length of your credit history. It could drop 1 or 2, 3 or 4 or maybe 10. But it's inconsequential and will come back up in a few months.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:20 am

FYI, that number you are referring to (it's called Credit Journey I think) is not meaningful vis-a-vis the real 5/24 algorithm. Store cards should be listed differently on your credit report than credit cards. Look on CreditKarma or Experian and you'll see that the store card has an account type of "Charge Account". These are counted by Credit Journey, but ignored by Chase's credit approval algorithm.

You are almost certainly 4/24 right now, will remain 4/24 after a CIC approval, and will drop to 3/24 in July. Good Luck!
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pallhedge
FYI, that number you are referring to (it's called Credit Journey I think) is not meaningful vis-a-vis the real 5/24 algorithm. Store cards should be listed differently on your credit report than credit cards. Look on CreditKarma or Experian and you'll see that the store card has an account type of "Charge Account". These are counted by Credit Journey, but ignored by Chase's credit approval algorithm.

You are almost certainly 4/24 right now, will remain 4/24 after a CIC approval, and will drop to 3/24 in July. Good Luck!
This sounds awesome! Will check with credit karma to see how it is listed on there. Thanks everyone.

And yes it was Credit Journey that I was originally referring to.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:22 pm

what are the consequences of a hard pull (especially if denied).
Denials aren't recorded. A hard pull's impact isn't affected by approval or denial.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

So I called the Chase cc status application line and it said "You've been approved. Your card will be arriving in 10 business days."

But just no specifics. I'm sure this has to be about this card I applied for since the last Chase card (SW) I applied for back in August last year and definitely have received...

But excited...
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

So called and my card should be coming in the next few days. Just wondering as far as setting up an online account at Chase.com/rewards do I make a separate Chase.com account for the business card? And if so why should they be kept separate? And how do I transfer these points to my regular Chase account to use them for travel...Thanks
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:59 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...do I make a separate Chase.com account for the business card? ...
Yes. You cannot add a business card to a personal online account. After it is setup you can ask Chase to combine them, but you cannot do this yourself.

Moving points from one UR account to another is called Combining (not Transferring). Instructions are in the Wikipost of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...solidated.html
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that. But do I want them combined? Do they have to be combined in order to transfer the points to use as travel?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:30 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... Do they have to be combined in order to transfer the points to use as travel?
No.
Caribgrl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.