Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Travel (Connexions) site will not book travel more than 270 days out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:09 am
Original Poster

I rarely use my points for travel. I can usually do better than 1.5 cents, but there is a fare I'm looking at for next August. Rewards website only allows booking 9 months out. Is that new? I seem to remember booking farther out than that.

I will call to see if I can get longer on the phone but given the obscene hold times I thought I'd ask here if anyone has been able to book farther out.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 2:20 pm

Chase Travel (Connexions) will not book travel more than 270 days out?

I’m getting hitched next year and fiancé and I are using our stockpile of UR points to fly a few folks out. Last week or so, I booked a ticket for late September. But when I went to book another reservation yesterday, I encountered an error that said travel could only be booked up to 270 days out. I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.

Any insight here?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by trevor.h
I’m getting hitched next year and fiancé and I are using our stockpile of UR points to fly a few folks out. Last week or so, I booked a ticket for late September. But when I went to book another reservation yesterday, I encountered an error that said travel could only be booked up to 270 days out. I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.

Any insight here?

It's usually ~ 330 days out as I book all my flights the day they go on sale. Delta is booking until October 14, 2018

Southwest is different and they announce when their schedule will be released. SW is booking until August 6, 2018
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I believe trevor.h is asking about booking through Chase (Connexions), rather than directly with the carriers.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I believe trevor.h is asking about booking through Chase (Connexions), rather than directly with the carriers.
But it still depends which carrier they're booking. Not all carriers (especially LCCs and ULCCs) have flight schedules 330ish days out.

If the carrier doesn't have flights beyond 270 days, how can anyone book flights with that carrier (through any booking engine) 330 days out?

And the OP didn't specify what carrier they were trying to book on.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:35 pm

This would appear to be true for all carriers when redeeming UR points. Screenshot attached.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:09 am
mia

This would appear to be true for all carriers when redeeming UR points. Screenshot attached.
Chase and Citi both use Connexions Loyalty, Inc.as their points redemption travel agency. I just entered the same search on thankyou.com, and it priced the ticket. This does appear to be a Connexions policy, but it's not an intrinsic limitation of their software.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I just tried to book LAX-ORD and it only let me book 270 days out. If this continues it will diminish the usefulness of UR. Hopefully just a short term glitch.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
I attempted the same thing tonight. Can book on AA, but with Chase Rewards have to wait until 270 days our or for another 2 weeks. This stinks. Has anyone Called Chase to see if you can do over the phone?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:43 am
mia

Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel
... Has anyone Called Chase to see if you can do over the phone?
Yes:

... I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum
I just called the rewards line, and the agent was able to book on AA 300 days out. Call if you need to book more than 270 days out.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:05 pm

Just booked travel dates with Ultimate Rewards Travel From Nov 16, 2018 thru Dec 1, 2018. They mentioned nothing about dates that far in the future.
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:32 am

Hey guys! Following up here. Last night, I called the travel desk to again try booking the flights. We ran into the same issue, with the usual screen. But the agent put me on hold and asked a supervisor who instructed her to try a “manual” booking. This worked. So the website continues to not allow bookings more than 270 days out, but the flights can be booked manually if you call in.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel
I just called the rewards line, and the agent was able to book on AA 300 days out. Call if you need to book more than 270 days out.
Hey guys! Following up here. Last night, I called the travel desk to again try booking the flights. We ran into the same issue, with the usual screen. But the agent put me on hold and asked a supervisor who instructed her to try a “manual” booking. This worked. So the website continues to not allow bookings more than 270 days out, but the flights can be booked manually if you call in.
What a pain. Hopefully they have some programmers that are smart enough to fix this fast.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 5, 2017 at 9:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.