FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Travel (Connexions) site will not book travel more than 270 days out? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1877928-chase-travel-connexions-site-will-not-book-travel-more-than-270-days-out.html)

lkar Nov 13, 2017 7:09 am

Chase Travel (Connexions) site will not book travel more than 270 days out?

I rarely use my points for travel. I can usually do better than 1.5 cents, but there is a fare I'm looking at for next August. Rewards website only allows booking 9 months out. Is that new? I seem to remember booking farther out than that.

I will call to see if I can get longer on the phone but given the obscene hold times I thought I'd ask here if anyone has been able to book farther out.

trevor.h Nov 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Chase Travel (Connexions) will not book travel more than 270 days out?

I’m getting hitched next year and fiancé and I are using our stockpile of UR points to fly a few folks out. Last week or so, I booked a ticket for late September. But when I went to book another reservation yesterday, I encountered an error that said travel could only be booked up to 270 days out. I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.

Any insight here?

flyer4512 Nov 17, 2017 1:07 am

Originally Posted by trevor.h (Post 29068690)
I’m getting hitched next year and fiancé and I are using our stockpile of UR points to fly a few folks out. Last week or so, I booked a ticket for late September. But when I went to book another reservation yesterday, I encountered an error that said travel could only be booked up to 270 days out. I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.

Any insight here?

It's usually ~ 330 days out as I book all my flights the day they go on sale. Delta is booking until October 14, 2018

Southwest is different and they announce when their schedule will be released. SW is booking until August 6, 2018

mia Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm

I believe trevor.h is asking about booking through Chase (Connexions), rather than directly with the carriers.

sdsearch Nov 19, 2017 9:50 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 29073125)
I believe trevor.h is asking about booking through Chase (Connexions), rather than directly with the carriers.

But it still depends which carrier they're booking. Not all carriers (especially LCCs and ULCCs) have flight schedules 330ish days out.

If the carrier doesn't have flights beyond 270 days, how can anyone book flights with that carrier (through any booking engine) 330 days out? :confused:

And the OP didn't specify what carrier they were trying to book on.

trevor.h Nov 20, 2017 8:35 pm

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3d65c460b0.png
This would appear to be true for all carriers when redeeming UR points. Screenshot attached.

mia Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by trevor.h (Post 29083630)
This would appear to be true for all carriers when redeeming UR points. Screenshot attached.

Chase and Citi both use Connexions Loyalty, Inc.as their points redemption travel agency. I just entered the same search on thankyou.com, and it priced the ticket. This does appear to be a Connexions policy, but it's not an intrinsic limitation of their software.

philemer Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

I just tried to book LAX-ORD and it only let me book 270 days out. :confused: If this continues it will diminish the usefulness of UR. Hopefully just a short term glitch.

GeorgeDickel Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

I attempted the same thing tonight. Can book on AA, but with Chase Rewards have to wait until 270 days our or for another 2 weeks. This stinks. Has anyone Called Chase to see if you can do over the phone?

mia Nov 27, 2017 9:43 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel (Post 29097227)
... Has anyone Called Chase to see if you can do over the phone?

Yes:

Originally Posted by trevor.h (Post 29068690)
... I called the travel line and she at first indicated that she could book up to 320 days out. But when she went to book, she encountered the same error.

GeorgeDickel Nov 27, 2017 12:30 pm

I just called the rewards line, and the agent was able to book on AA 300 days out. Call if you need to book more than 270 days out.

wetsand Nov 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Just booked travel dates with Ultimate Rewards Travel From Nov 16, 2018 thru Dec 1, 2018. They mentioned nothing about dates that far in the future.

trevor.h Dec 4, 2017 4:32 am

Hey guys! Following up here. Last night, I called the travel desk to again try booking the flights. We ran into the same issue, with the usual screen. But the agent put me on hold and asked a supervisor who instructed her to try a “manual” booking. This worked. So the website continues to not allow bookings more than 270 days out, but the flights can be booked manually if you call in.

philemer Dec 4, 2017 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel (Post 29105762)
I just called the rewards line, and the agent was able to book on AA 300 days out. Call if you need to book more than 270 days out.

Originally Posted by trevor.h (Post 29131971)
Hey guys! Following up here. Last night, I called the travel desk to again try booking the flights. We ran into the same issue, with the usual screen. But the agent put me on hold and asked a supervisor who instructed her to try a “manual” booking. This worked. So the website continues to not allow bookings more than 270 days out, but the flights can be booked manually if you call in.

What a pain. Hopefully they have some programmers that are smart enough to fix this fast.