Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cancellation: tix paid with ETC and Sapphire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold

Hello, simple question: I have a non-refundable ticket paid wuth ETC and balance with Chase Sapphire which I will need to cancel for a covered medical emergency. Will reimbursement from trip cancellation include the value of the ETC or only what was charged on CC? Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What you have paid out of pocket (CC).

Last edited by garykung; Jul 24, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
What you have paid out of pocket (CC).
Thank you, garykung.is there any other way for me to recover the value of the ETC on the cancelled trip? Thanks

As the ETC iş not a discount, but in fact a form of payment, how does using an ETC differ from the purchasing of an award ticket using FF points? Such an award ticket would be coverable under this insurance.

Last edited by cagcag; Jul 24, 2017 at 6:26 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cagcag
Hello, simple question: I have a non-refundable ticket paid wuth ETC and balance with Chase Sapphire which I will need to cancel for a covered medical emergency. Will reimbursement from trip cancellation include the value of the ETC or only what was charged on CC? Thanks
I think the only sure way of knowing is to start the cancelation process. Since you "have" to cancel, you just need to start the claim. Please keep us informed of your results. Best of luck!

PS I've never heard of anyone using part ETC & part CC so yours will a new data point.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Thank you, garykung.is there any other way for me to recover the value of the ETC on the cancelled trip? Thanks
Allow me to correct myself.

Since there will be residual value left once you cancel your ticket, you will need to pay the change fee in order to use it again.

Chase's benefit will cover the change fees only.

As the ETC iş not a discount, but in fact a form of payment, how does using an ETC differ from the purchasing of an award ticket using FF points? Such an award ticket would be coverable under this insurance.
See above for the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.