Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking $300 Virgin Islands deal using points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

As some of you know, but the internet stopped talking about. VI offers a $300 bonus to go there this year.

I'd like to use Ultimate Reward pts some how to book my hotel. However, the deal is only through a list of partners (found on VI site) and I think only United? might be a UR pts partner to transfer over to?

Anyone use points to book a hotel and get the bonus?

Thanks bunches
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You're going to want to review the promotion again. From what I've seen the "$300" is not a discount but rather spending credits towards select island cultural experiences. You have to book using the specific site, discount code for a stay at one of their specific hotels to qualify for the promotional spending credits.
I believe airfare isn't part of the package so you can use UR points to for the flights, availability required, or o reduce the cost of such flights.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
You're going to want to review the promotion again. From what I've seen the "$300" is not a discount but rather spending credits towards select island cultural experiences. You have to book using the specific site, discount code for a stay at one of their specific hotels to qualify for the promotional spending credits.
I believe airfare isn't part of the package so you can use UR points to for the flights, availability required, or o reduce the cost of such flights.
Right. It isn't $300-600 off, it is basically credits that you can use around the island for things like restaurants, shopping, tours, etc.

https://www.visitusvi.com/plan-event...ges-promotions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.