Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. The 2020 version is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1997467-sapphire-reserve-higher-annual-fee-550-lyft-doordash-benefits.html
It was a continuation of THIS discussion.

Use this thread to discuss the Sapphire Reserve card offer. There are separate threads to discuss:

$300 Travel Credit
Priority Pass
Concierge Service
Travel Insurance
Global Entry/TSA PreCheck reimbursement.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are (with limited exceptions) subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Landing page with bonus offer (50,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...304&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here: https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. (verified in Post #2635 ; also verified by Chase)

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
(** Note that this no longer seems to work checking on 5/18 - the account number in the secure message header is XXXXXX'd out except for last 4 digits)
(** Also I do not see any recent comments 5/18 on timely shipping or shipping method)

1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is five years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2021.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) 2017-2019, archived

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aoumd
I wasn't able to call the line before 1/11 due to some personal commitments this week.

Since I'm at 4/24 and I am 99% sure the hold up is due to the total dollar amount extended to me across all my Chase products, and assuming I get the letter that says "NO" any day now pending their "we need to look at your application a little longer," would it make sense to go into a branch?

If I attempt to apply in a branch would I be rejected for 5/24 since I have four open accounts and a fifth rejected application, or would they be able to work with that rejected application if I offer to move over 10k from another account?

I assume that this would allow me to still get the 100k. And would this be a regular Chase bank, or does it need to be a special type of Chase Branch?
Originally Posted by pilotwife
I was able to have them reduce my credit limits on my other cards and they were then able to approve the new card. Give them a call. Not sure what they will be able to do for you since the online offer ended.
Following up to my earlier post: I never called in the end, but today, 6 business days after I applied, I login to my Chase account and see the CSR card is on my account!

I guess once I receive and activate the card I should call in to double check that my sign up bonus is 100k and not 50k since I submitted my application before 1/11? Or is that pretty much a given (or a not given)?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by bigblue2007
I applied on the 11th (Just in time for the 100,000 bonus). I received the metal card Monday in a UPS envelope. Will Chase ever send the "spiffy" box that it is supposed to come in with all the brochures and disclosures? I was kind of bummed it didn't come in the nice box. Thanks.
It's... a box.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by aoumd
Following up to my earlier post: I never called in the end, but today, 6 business days after I applied, I login to my Chase account and see the CSR card is on my account!

I guess once I receive and activate the card I should call in to double check that my sign up bonus is 100k and not 50k since I submitted my application before 1/11? Or is that pretty much a given (or a not given)?
When I activate the card I would confirm the bonus, so don't use the automated line.
After that I would send a SM confirming your 100K. Chase has always been good so I would not anticipate a problem, since they're still offering it in the Bank.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: United, American Airlines, and Amtrak
Originally Posted by snic
It's... a box.
They send the card in a box for most when in stock. It's part of the experience their marketing department wanted to be part of the card. To you "it's a box" and to myself it's part of the deal. I was just asking everyone's experience. So if you don't have something to add that has value... move along.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:15 pm

They send the card in a box for most when in stock. It's part of the experience their marketing department wanted to be part of the card. To you "it's a box" and to myself it's part of the deal. I was just asking everyone's experience. So if you don't have something to add that has value... move along.
it's not just the box, it's a really nice presentation and elevates the welcoming experience to the card. So yeah you're definitely missing out, if you don't receive it in the next week or two you can always send a secure message asking for a welcome kit to be sent. Last time I needed a replacement welcome kit, it took a few messages back and forth and they finally ended up sending about three kits.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92
it's not just the box, it's a really nice presentation and elevates the welcoming experience to the card. So yeah you're definitely missing out, if you don't receive it in the next week or two you can always send a secure message asking for a welcome kit to be sent. Last time I needed a replacement welcome kit, it took a few messages back and forth and they finally ended up sending about three kits.
Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Question about when the Priority Pass card might be received has been moved to the separate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...embership.html
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Nick92

According to Chase Support on Twitter the box will not be sent as they have no plains to have the box in stock again. That's too bad. All the other $450 annual fee cards comes with a box or some sort of nice packaging.

Last edited by bigblue2007; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:43 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
According to Chase Support on Twitter the box will not be sent as they have no plains to have the box in stock again. That's too bad. All the other $450 annual fee cards comes with a box or some sort of nice packaging.
Kevin Watters probably burned through his entire budget for 2017.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Not sure that's true anymore. I got Amex Personal and Biz Platinums in the last four months (via targeted 100k offers) and both had the welcome packet contents in an envelope delivered by UPS. About the same as my CSR.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:55 pm

I requested a duplicate plastic card and was told they don't do that. Has anyone had luck getting one recently?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by omarr
I requested a duplicate plastic card and was told they don't do that. Has anyone had luck getting one recently?
No history of them doing this. Some people who got the plastic cards got metal replacements 6-8 weeks later when metal became available again.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
No history of them doing this. Some people who got the plastic cards got metal replacements 6-8 weeks later when metal became available again.
From the Wiki:
Duplicate Card
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

I received the metal card and called to request a plastic one. They said I could get a plastic one INSTEAD of a metal one, but not in addition to the metal one.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:12 pm

From the Wiki:
If you check that was back in 10/16 and maybe 11/16. Since then I have not read of anybody getting a duplicate card.
For a short time people people had success but Chase closed it down pretty quickly. Maybe a good talker can share their experience? As they say YMMV good luck.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Jan 23, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.