Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase policy (Oct 2016): No Annual Fee refund >30 days after AF billed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase policy (Oct 2016): No Annual Fee refund >30 days after AF billed.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
If I wait until AF posts and then close within 3 days after statement posts and want to pay the bill at the same time am I to pay the whole bill (including AF) or everything but AF? Or wait to pay until after AF removed? I prefer not to pay and then have Chase send me a check, but also like closing out my CC's while they are paid in full.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
If I wait until AF posts and then close within 3 days after statement posts and want to pay the bill at the same time am I to pay the whole bill (including AF) or everything but AF? Or wait to pay until after AF removed? I prefer not to pay and then have Chase send me a check, but also like closing out my CC's while they are paid in full.
Pay everything but the AF and keep monitoring your account. In the remote chance that the refund doesn't post by the due date, you'll need to pay it to avoid finance charges and get a check later.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Does Chase offer any incentive points, miles, credit, for retention?
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Please see this thread:

Chase Retention Offers - 2019

..and its predecessor:

Chase Retention Bonus Offers: June 2015-June 2019 [ALL cards]
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Datapoint: I’ve been told by 2 different Chase Sapphire Reserve telephone representatives, in conversations several days apart, that within 30 days of AF statement date a requested full refund of an AF is automatically posted to the account being closed. After 30 days, up to 41 or 42 days (one said 41, one said 42) a full refund is processed manually, either a mailed check or credit to existing Chase checking or (another) credit card account. Both reps said after that timeframe, a prorated refund could be obtained with a product change. I did not ask about AF and product change between 30/42 and 60 days.

(Addendum: My bad, my apologies. It’s statement date. My CSR AF posting date and statement date are within 1 or 2 days of each other and with credit cards I rarely try to time something to within 1 day so I hadn’t paid attention to 30 days from statement date or posting date.)

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 24, 2020 at 9:31 am Reason: "of statement date added", TY serpens.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
[...] within 30 days [...] 41 or 42 days (one said 41, one said 42) [...]
Is the start date the post date (always the first of the month, as I understand it) or the statement date?

Edit 1. Thanks for the clarification, Dr Jabadski.

Last edited by serpens; Sep 24, 2020 at 12:49 pm Reason: Acknowledge clarification by Dr Jabadski

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.