Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:52 am

Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Not company owner - can I apply using EIN?

I moonlight for a small startup where the founders have agreed to let me put the service hosting fees on my own credit card and get reimbursed. Can I apply for CIP and use the company's EIN? I already have a CIP/Ink Cash in my own name/ssn so I need another EIN to get the bonuses. I'm not listed as an owner but the company is in our state's corporate database.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
.... Can I apply for CIP and use the company's EIN?.....
Not unless the company has given you the legal authority to do so. You are creating a financial obligation binding both yourself and the company:

You also certify you have the authority to permit us to issue your credit card containing the Company name if completed on the form.

Individual and Company Liability: You understand that by responding to this offer you agree to be personally responsible, both individually and jointly with the Company, for payment of all balances incurred on all cards and accounts issued pursuant to this application now or whenever such additional accounts may be established in the future. You understand that if you leave the employment of the Company, you will continue to be responsible for the outstanding balances on the accounts. You must notify us immediately to close the accounts and prevent further usage.

Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report, information about the Company, including financial information, and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you and the Company meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may receive a card with different costs or you may not receive a card. If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $5000. We may request additional information for a credit access line above $25,000.

If an account is approved, all cardmembers will have access to 100% of the approved credit access line and any amount over the credit access line that we authorize. If you would like to set spending limits on any cardmembers, please contact our Cardmember Service Department after the account has been opened. By becoming a Visa Business Card cardmember, you agree that the card is being used only for business purposes and that the card is being issued to a public or private company including a sole proprietor or employees or contractors of an organization.

You must be at least 18 years old to qualify (19 in AL and NE).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:02 am

Chase minimum spend bonus not depositing - to ask or not to ask?

Hope it's OK to post this; if this belongs elsewhere, just let me know.

Long story short... I hit minimum spend on a CIP in early August. Statement closed out August 31 (so a good 3 weeks later). Bonus points and minimum spend had previously been confirmed via SM, but have not shown as "pending" let alone settled onto the account. Was hoping to use those UR asap for some travel, so getting a little antsy.

So the question is... do I ask Chase, or is this normal / do I sit tight and wait to see what happens? For context, I did accidentally put some personal spend on the card (to the tune of $2k of the MS) that would be obvious based on vendor, and I've also stopped spending on it since hitting MS, so I'm somewhat paranoid I've somehow been identified as a problem customer and that calling attention to my account to ask where my bonus is would be a bad idea. However, can't decide if I'm crazy to think that, and/or overreacting b/c perhaps this delay is expected.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:07 am
mia

Originally Posted by woogallymoogally
.... stopped spending on it since hitting MS...
Check your arithmetic to verify that you have met the goal. Bear in mind that paying the annual fee does not count as spend. If you have met the goal, ask.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mia
Check your arithmetic to verify that you have met the goal. Bear in mind that paying the annual fee does not count as spend. If you have met the goal, ask.
Thanks for the feedback. For clarification (I worded that poorly), I definitely hit the min spend, by an additional $1k or so. I should've phrased that as "once I realized I'd hit" ;-)

So sounds like no issues with drawing attention / asking?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:34 am
mia

I would say something like, "Please remind me of the amount that I need to spend to the earn the new account bonus, the number of bonus points I will receive, and the deadline by which I need to make the spend." Doing it this way, without feeding any hints, forces the agent to lookup the offer that is on your account. Once the facts are confirmed, you can mention that you show that the spend was completed in early August, etc.
robchow likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Not unless the company has given you the legal authority to do so. You are creating a financial obligation binding both yourself and the company:
I do; they have given me the amex card and I can use it to sign up for new services/pay bills, etc. But thanks for that quote from the agreement, I think I'll have them sign a document that says essentially that just to make it proper.

I was just wondering if Chase or other issuers verify that the applicant is listed as an owner.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Thanks for the feedback. For clarification (I worded that poorly), I definitely hit the min spend, by an additional $1k or so. I should've phrased that as "once I realized I'd hit" ;-)

So sounds like no issues with drawing attention / asking?
Yours is yet another of what appears to be increasing reports that Chase is experiencing/creating a delay when it comes to posting sign-up bonuses after cardmembers meet MSR. I've read at least five separate instances on another forum from others stating the same thing - met MSR, statement closed, no bonus points posted, no bonus points pending.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:12 am

Statement closed out August 31...
IME, Chase runs on a 28 day month. There are no statement closing dates on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of any month.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
Following up on the recent forced delays for bonuses: Applied and approved early Aug. Met the MSR well within 3 weeks (mostly organic). Statement posted on the 26th showing purchases $5,200+.. still no bonus received or pending for that matter. Called and csr explained that it should post this upcoming statement. We'll see!
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by flyingsna
Following up on the recent forced delays for bonuses: Applied and approved early Aug. Met the MSR well within 3 weeks (mostly organic). Statement posted on the 26th showing purchases $5,200+.. still no bonus received or pending for that matter. Called and csr explained that it should post this upcoming statement. We'll see!
If you go to Ultimate Rewards (use the link through your Chase account online) there's a section in the main page for each UR card that you have where it shows "Your Ultimate Rewards Points" that includes points "Available Now" as well as "Earning on Next Statement." In my experience, if the bonus is posting on your next statement it will show there. In other words, if your bonus is 80K points, you should see an amount of 80K points + points related to your current spend.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear. I've read a few DP saying Chase is now experiencing (forcing) delays on bonus UR points by 4-6 weeks
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyingsna
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear. I've read a few DP saying Chase is now experiencing (forcing) delays on bonus UR points by 4-6 weeks
I wonder if they are doing that to prevent people from hitting the bonus requirement and cancelling to avoid the annual fee.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I wonder if they are doing that to prevent people from hitting the bonus requirement and cancelling to avoid the annual fee.
If they're so afraid of that they should just charge the AF immediately upon opening account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.