Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Is there any way to know which branch has a BRM? I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend and see that there are several branches open downtown on Saturday. Should I just call them all?
I think you'll need to call. Based upon the experiences others have shared, some (perhaps all) BRMs appear to represent multiple branches. If accurate, you would need to find out when the BRM would be available at that specific branch.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I think you'll need to call. Based upon the experiences others have shared, some (perhaps all) BRMs appear to represent multiple branches. If accurate, you would need to find out when the BRM would be available at that specific branch.
Got it. And going through a BRM is still the best route to success, right? It's worth the effort to find one?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:35 am

Hi,
I applied for the Chase Business Ink card. I am US citizen but have a company registered in the UK as I live her. Company is there as a proxy for owning the freehold, it does not make any money. I put my US social security number as the Tax ID.

When I called Chase CRS, they said that I need to complete IRS cp575 g notice form to prove that my tax id = social security. This seems like a hassle and I don't want to be messing with IRS.

Has anyone else figured out a way around this?

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Is there any way to know which branch has a BRM? I'm traveling to Seattle this weekend and see that there are several branches open downtown on Saturday. Should I just call them all?
My guess is that a BRM will not be working on a Sat. Ask when you call.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by pred02
Hi,
I applied for the Chase Business Ink card. I am US citizen but have a company registered in the UK as I live her. Company is there as a proxy for owning the freehold, it does not make any money. I put my US social security number as the Tax ID.

When I called Chase CRS, they said that I need to complete IRS cp575 g notice form to prove that my tax id = social security. This seems like a hassle and I don't want to be messing with IRS.

Thanks
Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:51 am

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
probably should have applied using first last name as business with social security number.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:16 am

Hi,

Thanks
Call and ask to change the "Legal Business Name" on your application to FIRSTNAME LASTNAME as it appears on your social security card. If they won't let you, or if you applied as something other than sole proprietor, you'll need to let the application lapse (30 days), then re-apply correctly: Personal name as the biz name, SSN as tax ID, Sole Prop as biz type, and your personal mailing address as the biz address.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:23 pm

Thank you
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:17 pm

Hi all-

I've read that it's optimal to get the CIP as the first Chase card if possible. I'm new to the game and still building a credit profile. My first card was an SPG personal AMEX ~6mo ago. Before that all I have in my file is a car lease ~2 years old. My current credit score is about 730 and my personal income is between 100-200k. My side business does about 5k a year for the past 2 years. Do you think it's worth applying for the CIP yet? Thanks for the insight!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by abaileyb
Hi all-

I've read that it's optimal to get the CIP as the first Chase card if possible. I'm new to the game and still building a credit profile. My first card was an SPG personal AMEX ~6mo ago. Before that all I have in my file is a car lease ~2 years old. My current credit score is about 730 and my personal income is between 100-200k. My side business does about 5k a year for the past 2 years. Do you think it's worth applying for the CIP yet? Thanks for the insight!
I think that many folks would tell you that - if you have no credit history with Chase - your first card application should be a Freedom or a Freedom Unlimited. Good luck. After a few months, try for something else.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:31 pm

I want this card for the sign up bonus basically.

I have a small side business of buying/reselling sports cards and trading cards. I got approved for the Chase ink cash 2 months ago and have met the spend limit.

I can meet the minimum spend on this easily. Once I do, is there a way to downgrade it to the ink cash? Can I have 2 of those? Do I need to wait until the 1st year is up?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jm192
I want this card for the sign up bonus basically.

I have a small side business of buying/reselling sports cards and trading cards. I got approved for the Chase ink cash 2 months ago and have met the spend limit.

I can meet the minimum spend on this easily. Once I do, is there a way to downgrade it to the ink cash? Can I have 2 of those? Do I need to wait until the 1st year is up?
you can have two ink cash cards. I waited a year to downgrade. I know some people downgrade in a couple a months.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:01 am

I created a separate online banking account for my ink card and went to the branch to ask them to link my ink card to my personal online banking and they said they couldn’t. They ended up only linking my personal online banking account to my business online banking account. Anyone able to link their ink account to their personal?

Also, is it possible to link my Ultimate Rewards from my personal chase freedom credit card and my business ink credit card?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by baydude
I created a separate online banking account for my ink card and went to the branch to ask them to link my ink card to my personal online banking and they said they couldn’t. They ended up only linking my personal online banking account to my business online banking account. Anyone able to link their ink account to their personal?

Also, is it possible to link my Ultimate Rewards from my personal chase freedom credit card and my business ink credit card?
I assume you mean combine. You can always combine the UR points earned from your personal Chase Freedom card to your Business Ink.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:43 am

This is the only way it can be done, under your business account.

You can combine points on demand from one card to another via the Ultimate Rewards website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.