FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1797359-chase-ink-business-preferred-2016-2020-archived.html)

Need Mar 8, 2017 7:21 am

Originally Posted by tokkifierce (Post 28005747)
Does anyone know if any of the 3% apply with eBay fees or postage printed through eBay/PayPal?

I asked the same question before on this thread and was told by one person that it does for ebay fee.

prech Mar 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Curious if any folks have applied for the Ink Preferred 80k offer in-branch? Just to confirm that the $95 annual fee is now not waived...

Thanks

susiesan Mar 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Has anyone seen a place to apply for this card and have the annual fee waived first year? I wasn't able to get in on the latest offer since I was out of the country for a few weeks. I planned to apply when I got back and can't find a fee waived offer. There are no Chase bank branches in Kansas City to apply in person.

PointsTutor Mar 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 28032186)
Has anyone seen a place to apply for this card and have the annual fee waived first year? I wasn't able to get in on the latest offer since I was out of the country for a few weeks. I planned to apply when I got back and can't find a fee waived offer. There are no Chase bank branches in Kansas City to apply in person.

Chase will no longer waive the first years annual fee for in branch applications. I don't know of any online offers that would have the annual fee waived.

gumercindo Mar 14, 2017 8:18 am

I know it's a new card, but I assume a Ink Preferred > Ink Cash downgrade is possible?

General consensus seems to be to do this kind of downgrade before the AF is due.

Thoughts?

mia Mar 14, 2017 8:39 am

You need to hold one fee-based Ultimate Rewards card to maximize the value of the points. Downgrading from INK Plus (or Bold) to INK Cash (or Classic) was a straightforward decision because the bonus categories of the free cards overlapped with the paid cards. However, changing from Preferred to Cash will involve trade-offs which will vary by individual.

gumercindo Mar 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 28035309)
You need to hold one fee-based Ultimate Rewards card to maximize the value of the points. Downgrading from INK Plus (or Bold) to INK Cash (or Classic) was a straightforward decision because the bonus categories of the free cards overlapped with the paid cards. However, changing from Preferred to Cash will involve trade-offs which will vary by individual.

I currently hold a CSR. What trade offs are you referring to? I have the travel overlap on both cards so I'd be looking at the ink cash to maximize the 5x (note, I'm not referring to manufacturing spend).

mia Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo (Post 28037366)
... What trade offs .

Preferred offers bonuses on categories not covered by any other Chase card: shipping and advertising. These will be important to some users, not to others.

gumercindo Mar 14, 2017 6:35 pm

Understood. Those won't apply to me, but thanks for the input!

lima.beans Mar 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by tokkifierce (Post 28005747)
Does anyone know if any of the 3% apply with eBay fees or postage printed through eBay/PayPal?

Originally Posted by Need (Post 28008342)
I asked the same question before on this thread and was told by one person that it does for ebay fee.

Paypal Shipping does NOT receive 3xpoints. (Wife does online sales of retail products). 17 Paypal shipping transactions costing appx. $200 dollars across several days. When they posted on the Ink Preferred, we received only 1 pp$. I guess we're switching to Stamps.com (verified 3xpoints) or another shipping venue.

ralphs Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Is the inconvenience of switching providers really worth 2-4% of your shipping cost?

sxchan Mar 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Closed Ink Biz Plus and applied for Ink Biz Preferred

I just closed my Ink Biz Plus card like 2 months ago and now I just applied for Ink Biz Preferred 80k offer. Would this be considered a different product to be eligible for 80k bonus?

Mancolt Mar 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by PointsTutor (Post 28032255)
Chase will no longer waive the first years annual fee for in branch applications. I don't know of any online offers that would have the annual fee waived.

Do you know when this took effect?

Mancolt Mar 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by sxchan (Post 28082397)
I just closed my Ink Biz Plus card like 2 months ago and now I just applied for Ink Biz Preferred 80k offer. Would this be considered a different product to be eligible for 80k bonus?

Yes. Assuming you get approved, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be eligible for the bonus.

eclipsor Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by sxchan (Post 28082397)

yup