FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1797359-chase-ink-business-preferred-2016-2020-archived.html)

Chris Fong Nov 29, 2020 1:08 pm

i already have the ink business unlimited . Will I still qualify the 100k points promotion if I apply the ink business preferred card now ?

Diplomatico Nov 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Chris Fong (Post 32851275)
i already have the ink business unlimited . Will I still qualify the 100k points promotion if I apply the ink business preferred card now ?

If you are under 5/24 and can get approved then, yes, you should qualify for the CIP bonus also.

tobikosan Dec 10, 2020 6:17 pm

I just got this business card and since I live in Hawaii it took almost a month to get here. My question is that though I got it on Dec 3rd and used first on Dec5 my need to earn by 3 month date is Feb 18. When i called in they said they would put a note in my file but that is all they can do. This seem right? Follow up? Anyone have data points from experience? Thx

RNE Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am

Originally Posted by tobikosan (Post 32877517)
I just got this business card and since I live in Hawaii it took almost a month to get here. My question is that though I got it on Dec 3rd and used first on Dec5 my need to earn by 3 month date is Feb 18. When i called in they said they would put a note in my file but that is all they can do. This seem right? Follow up? Anyone have data points from experience? Thx

Check your math. You were approved for the card on November 18. You received it December 3. It took 15 days to receive the card. Not "almost a month." Stop wasting time complaining about nothing and get spending.

sleepy3192 Dec 16, 2020 11:45 am

does this card even make sense to keep going forward if I have the CSR? I mainly signed up for this card for the SUB. Feel like I should downgrade it to the business cash card to avoid a $95 AF going forward...

pallhedge Dec 16, 2020 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sleepy3192 (Post 32890187)
does this card even make sense to keep going forward if I have the CSR? I mainly signed up for this card for the SUB. Feel like I should downgrade it to the business cash card to avoid a $95 AF going forward...

CIP made sense to me for 2 reasons: mobile phone insurance and the ability to refer. The free Freedom Flex has similar insurance and now you can refer equally as well with CIC and/or CIU. Both reasons have been neutralized.

sleepy3192 Dec 16, 2020 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge (Post 32890229)
CIP made sense to me for 2 reasons: mobile phone insurance and the ability to refer. The free Freedom Flex has similar insurance and now you can refer equally as well with CIC and/or CIU. Both reasons have been neutralized.

the freedom flex has higher coverage and lower deductible. considering its a $0 AF card, its not bad at all. Only thing is you only get 1x points for phone bills for the flex. You get 3x for CIP. But as you mentioned, all the perks on this card is not really working out for me since i'm not spending much $ on advertising/shipping..

tobikosan Dec 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Would charging Alaska Airlines gift card at Costco be a legit charge to make the spend on this card? Thx

Diplomatico Dec 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by tobikosan (Post 32924980)
Would charging Alaska Airlines gift card at Costco be a legit charge to make the spend on this card? Thx

Yup.

StartinSanDiego Jan 3, 2021 2:28 pm

Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...21-onward.html

THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED