Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
5/24 denied (really I am 3/24, but with 2 AUs)
Called to reconsideration line - no luck. Too many CCs in the past 24 months.
Income: 300K
CS: 780
Denied even though at 3/24? Something sounds off here.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:47 am

Were you over/under 5/24? Under (4/24)
Are you a Chase Private Client? Yes
I also have sapphire preferred (since 2013), freedom unlimited (since 2016) and freedom (for many years), among other branded chase cards

I was just approved, but the interesting thing is that they would not let me convert my sapphire preferred to a freedom.

What they said exactly was "you have a private client sapphire preferred, and the products you can convert it to are a standard sapphire preferred, or sapphire", so I just left it.

Has anyone else gotten that? I'm pretty confused about most of that response (there's a difference between different sapphire preferred cards?? and I thought they got rid of the plain sapphire years ago? and I also thought that many people have converted csp to a second freedom..)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:51 am

3/24 (all AMEX cards [Platinum, Starwood, Delta Platinum]); Pending. My main cards are CSP/Freedom (for applicable categories).

Called the line they said 1-2 weeks. Grrr.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Denied even though at 3/24? Something sounds off here.
Chase still consider AU as a primary holder which counts as +2. so I have 3 CCs where I am the primary and 2 where I am an AU.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:54 am

Any other data points from people who applied today using the link in the wiki, and called in to verify that it does in fact include the 100K bonus?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:55 am

anyone able to get their cards expedited? If so. How?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mhdena
I don't either but you know how the entitled masses may feel otherwise.
If you were approved via the leaked link last week and you don't get the 100k bonus, then the solution is obviously to cancel the card within the first 90-180 days, get the AF refunded, and apply again, if Chase wants to play that game.

Originally Posted by conroy9
What they said exactly was "you have a private client sapphire preferred, and the products you can convert it to are a standard sapphire preferred, or sapphire", so I just left it.
They really were going to let you convert to a discontinued product?

This is also the first time I've heard about any difference between a Private Client product and a regular product. What is the difference, if any?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by smurov
Any other data points from people who applied today using the link in the wiki, and called in to verify that it does in fact include the 100K bonus?
bunch of people called and verified it includes the 100k bonus. Makes sense since brochures at bank list 100k bonus everywhere.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:58 am

Anyone else have an issue with the mother's maiden name field? The field is capping at 10 characters and I'm not sure how to proceed...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Got the "We Need a Little More Time" message. Says they'll let me know by mail and if approved should get the card in 7-10 days. Wording sounds a bit more promising than the message some others have posted.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by STS-134
They really were going to let you convert to a discontinued product?
yes, can downgrade to sapphire, just cannot open new app to sapphire

as people have mentioned, CSR + CFU = 2.25% back on UR portal redemptions for noncategory spend

or do CSR + CF (for 5x rotating-> 7.5% back on UR portal)+ Citi double (2% noncategory)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:06 am

Sapphire Preferred to Reserve PC Available

Just called Chase to see if Preferred to Reserve product change available. Unsurprisingly, it is. I would keep current cc number and Reserve benefits would commence immediately. I'm 14/24 on new accounts. Didn't PC yet...nearest Chase branch is more than an hour away, but I hate to miss out on 100,000 UR. Guess I'll take a drive to see if pre-approved for Reserve.

Has anyone been successful in calling a branch to check for pre-approved Reserve offer?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
Exact same situation as me; I called recon immediately after I left the branch and they said they still couldn't "get into" my application to see what was going on )(i.e. still pending I guess?). Called the automated status line and got the 2 weeks notice. Will try the automated line and actual recon again later today, as I'm under 5/24 with 7xx and plenty of income so suspect it is just a verification or CL reallocation issue (already have over $50k with Chase).
Just spoke to recon for second time today and got the exact same answer - application is still pending and they cannot provide any additional information at this time. I asked if it was just a verification issue and she said there was no way for her to see why the application was still under review.

I will probably give up for today, maybe call the automated line tomorrow and see if any change. Definitely annoyed, as it seems like most people here and on Reddit that are under 5/24 and have gone pending have gotten approved through recon after verification or shifting credit around.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Brussels
Just called Chase to see if Preferred to Reserve product change available. Unsurprisingly, it is. I would keep current cc number and Reserve benefits would commence immediately. I'm 14/24 on new accounts. Didn't PC yet...nearest Chase branch is more than an hour away, but I hate to miss out on 100,000 UR. Guess I'll take a drive to see if pre-approved for Reserve.

Has anyone been successful in calling a branch to check for pre-approved Reserve offer?
Reports on Reddit are that you can NOT call a branch to check on pre-approval. Guess it couldn't hurt to try though

Good luck!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Where is the online link that shows 100k?

None of the links in the thread Wiki shows it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.