Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Applied through the link pinned to the thread
~20/24
CPC
Approved

Confirmed 100k bonus through SM.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by BillinKC
I called after being approved online and said that I am traveling this weekend (and I am). Card is being expedited - one to two days.

I also asked to confirm that the 100k bonus is on my account. The rep confirmed and actually read all the terms and conditions (cash advance doesn't qualify, etc.)
What number did you use to expedite the card??
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by myworld
So I finally pull the plug and called the Chase Recon line.

I was in same boat as you. Applied in Branch, went to pending with 2 weeks message.
I called the recon line after 2 hours of applying and Rep just ask my basic information and approved the CSR. There was no other question except basic name and social.

Nice. I think this is what is going to happen to me, but for whatever reason my application is stuck in the system. There is literally no reason that I should be denied for this card.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:21 am

1.5 cents per point redemption is showing on UR. Don't have card in hand obviously and I didn't book anything but it is showing up.

Any reason to wait on transferring points on other cards over?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by bodiddely
If you book travel using $$ on Southwest, you would earn 3x UR points (convertible 1:1 to SW miles) by paying with the Reserve, vs 2 x SW miles paying with the SW card.
Originally Posted by paperwastage
SW, you get 6k points/year, worth maybe $90 (1.3-1.5cent/pt)... $99 AF?

I wouldn't mind keeping it. southwest doesnt have trip delay?
Nah - SW doesn't offer any additional protections.

I didn't think about the 3x for airfare...makes perfect sense. I don't see any benefit to keeping the SWA card since the 6k bonus only offsets the annual fee.

I would like to get my expedited for vacation next week to make sure I hit my 4k asap.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Wife and I both got approved this morning. Both at $35000 credit limit.

We only have Ritz card with Chase. Had Marriott but shut them down. Applies last year when the 80,000 point bonus came out.

Has CSP back in 2014 and cancelled those when the Ritz card came out with the 140k bonus.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Did you ask them whether AU accounts count towards that limit, and would they mind manually reviewing your credit report to exclude them?
I did, twice, they are not willing to exclude them. they insist that AU still counts.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
What is "PC"?
Product change. Changing from the Sapphire Preferred to Freedom Unlimited for example.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:27 am

I was approved on 8/15 - just called CSP customer service to ask about expedited shipping; they said they are not able to provide that for the Reserve. He said card will be sent via regular first class mail. Was also denied expedited shipping via SM yesterday (after initially being told last week via SM that I would get expedited shipping).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by rendezvous
Applied through the link pinned to the thread
~20/24
CPC
Approved

Confirmed 100k bonus through SM.
Got to be because you're a CPC
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo
I did, twice, they are not willing to exclude them. they insist that AU still counts.
That's really annoying. There was at least one report on Reddit of recon removing AUs from the count and approving.

If I were in your shoes I would get removed as an AU and contact all three credit bureaus ASAP to request having them deleted.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by trikotret
anyone able to get their cards expedited? If so. How?
Not me - the banker initially told me that he tried earlier and was unable to get expedited, and then he asked again on the phone for me, and they said no again. They said it'll take 5-7 business days.

It sounds like someone else (BillinKC) was able to get expedited though
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:30 am

7-10 Pending
805 TU
101k income
Currently hold 4 Chase personals and Ink+ at less than 50% of income.
Way, way over 5/24. Probably 12/24 off a certain card product alone.

I don't see a reason to call at this point.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:35 am

So I called the 800 432 3117 number to ask for expedited shipment of card and talked with very friendly CSR. I told her i am going for a trip next week and i want to see if she can rush ship this new card to me, and she said Sure. She did 2 days UPS.
Love you Chase. Thank you
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:37 am

Went to the Chase branch in my building today (in the Chicago loop) and applied. Didn't get instant approval and she said it was taking 7-10 days. I told her I'd like it expedited and she said she'd be able to call tomorrow to request that. I'm going out of the country in two weeks and would like to have it in my hands well before then. I was a little concerned that it wasn't instantly approved, but she seemed unconcerned and said that if it did get rejected, she could call on my behalf and most likely get it overriden due to the amount of money we currently have with Chase, etc. I don't think I'm anywhere near the 5/24 rule. Maybe 3/24, at most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.