Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. To read a summary of the policy click HERE. To discuss it click HERE.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping. Expedited shipping is no longer being approved). Some are getting plastic cards with no box. Chase advises metal cards will follow later in these cases.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card:
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720....
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined to your address.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement:
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Pattern seems clear as gin:

At or below 4/24, you're good to go.
At or above 5/24, fuggedaboudit.

There are one or two reports of people at 5/24 who squeaked through, but I suspect their count was off (ie one of those cards was a non-Chase business card or other card that doesn't count as part of 5/24).

Those above 4/24 who slipped through with the test link last week may be very lucky (then again, there's that whole Amex 100K clawback thread...)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:30 am

would a car lease or a mortgage count towards the 5/24? I've only opened 2 cards in the past two years but have also leased two cars and bought a house in the last 6 months.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by United747
When I got the Ritz last year, I called recon and they gave me a fax number and I faxed them a utilities bill.
Thanks. I'm going to call again and push them on that, or about reallocating credit. I don't really understand how the first agent wasn't able to "get into" my application. Plenty of data points on Reddit of people like us going to pending and then getting approved at recon.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:33 am

Darn - I guess I won't bother applying for now. Well over 5/24. And I was so excited for this card. I guess need to do an actual count to see my card opening history to figure out when I will roll down to 4/24. What's the best way to do that (other than having kept better records -- too late for that)?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
kinda surprised to see so many FTers under 5/24...I don't see myself being under 5/24 in distant future so no go for me
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rbw5t
What's the best way to do that (other than having kept better records -- too late for that)?
Use CreditKarma, go to the Credit Report screen, and you can get a list of accounts that is sortable by date.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:36 am

Curious....Is anyone getting the CSR to show up on the pre-qual web page? I just gave it a try, but no dice there...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Advice needed. I'm at 5/24 if I include an AU and a Chase business card. That AU cycles off on Aug 31. Should I just wait till then to apply for the new CSR or should I pull the trigger? I have no banking relationship with Chase but have 3 cc's with them (incl that Ink). I am pre-qualified for the Preferred (but not for CSR but I don't think anyone is). I'm wondering if that pre-qual means that they are not counting that AU.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by mh4ll
Use CreditKarma, go to the Credit Report screen, and you can get a list of accounts that is sortable by date.
Thanks -- I don't know anything about CreditKarma, other than the commercials, which say it's free. Is it really free? What the business model? Just advertising? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind -- description of the business model is right on their front page. Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SheltieDad
Curious....Is anyone getting the CSR to show up on the pre-qual web page? I just gave it a try, but no dice there...
Not for me, though (for reference) the CSP does show up.

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Were you over/under 5/24? 7/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? No
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? 2 store cards, 1 AU
If called recon, what was the original message you received? Haven't called yet.
Income: 52K
credit score: ~720
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
See what Chase cards you are prequalfied for here:

https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Not sure how accurate this is but it shows nada/zilch for me and my wife. We are both well over 5/24.

I'll chat with the folks at our nearby Chase branch later today.

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Thanks -- I don't know anything about CreditKarma, other than the commercials, which say it's free. Is it really free? What the business model? Just advertising? Thanks!
Yep totally free. They make money on referrals.

Anybody know why Chase wouldn't make an official landing page on their site for this?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Pattern seems clear as gin:

At or below 4/24, you're good to go.
At or above 5/24, fuggedaboudit.

There are one or two reports of people at 5/24 who squeaked through, but I suspect their count was off (ie one of those cards was a non-Chase business card or other card that doesn't count as part of 5/24).

Those above 4/24 who slipped through with the test link last week may be very lucky (then again, there's that whole Amex 100K clawback thread...)
Not quite so clear. Applied online using the link on the first page and have pending status.

Were you over/under 5/24? 1/24
Are you a Chase Private Client? Private Bank client
If right around 5/24, did you have ink/store cards/AU? NA
If called recon, what was the original message you received?
Income: seven figures
credit score: >840
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:42 am

Approved at 4/24. Called to see if I could get expedited shipping, but the rep said "No expedited shipping on reserve cards since it's a new product"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.