Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

This thread is a continuation of the pre-2016 discussion.

Note: Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, appears to apply to Marriott personal cards but not the Business version of the Marriott card. For up to date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward .

PERSONAL CARD
What are the current offers?

Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card

Five free night Certificates for up to 50,000 points per night after making $5000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Certificates are valid for one year from date of issuance. 6x at Marriott, 2x on travel and everything else. There's also a host of other benefits with the Boundless.. please see the Chase link for details.

BUSINESS CARDS
Bonvoy Premiere Plus
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/premier_plus_business_benefits

Offers one free night award (up to 35K points) upon renewal and an additional free night with spend up to $60K in a year. 6x per $1 on Marriott spend, 4x on gas, restaurants, shipping and internet/cable/phone; 2x everything else

Bonvoy Business Card
__https://creditcards.chase.com/marriott/cardmember/rewards_benefits_
1x regular spend, 3x Marriott spend

Which offers are better?There is no universally correct answer. Relevant considerations include these:
  • Are you currently points-rich or cash poor? If you have 1 million Marriott points already, paying $85 for another 10K probably doesn't make sense.
  • What does your typical award redemption look like? Specifically, what yield (cents per point) do you normally get at the properties where you do award stays? Unless you're getting almost a penny a point--paying an $85 fee to buy an extra 10K points is not a good value proposition. (Adjust accordingly if you're considering paying the $99 fee for a business card with 80K bonus.)
  • Will the extra 10K put you over the top for a planned award? If getting another 10K will make the difference between having & not having enough points for an award you expect to book in the near future, taking the points generally makes sense. (Keep in mind that Marriott has added a cash & points award option for stays of 2+ nights, so you won't necessarily need the same number of points as in the past for a given award stay.)

I'm afraid to use a blind application page that doesn't list the signup bonus previously available on a now-expired landing page. How can I trust the links in the wiki?

How? The same way you'd trust the advice you're reading right now. If that makes you uneasy, OK -- but don't post in the thread asking for further reassurance. It'll be fine. Really.
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards.
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
If I hold both personal and business Marriott cards, will I receive a 15-night credit toward status for each?

When will the Elite Night Credit for spend on the card (1 night for each $3K) appear in my account?

According to this discussion, it can take anywhere from one week to almost two months after the close of the applicable statement. There are also reports that the night posts approximately ten days after the calendar month that the $3k is reached, regardless of the statement closing date. So in this instance, if you need that night to reach status by the end of the year, the spend would need to be met by the end of November in order for the night to post in December.
How do I make a booking using a free-night cert?
Can I exchange a soon-to-expire free-night cert for points? Extend its expiration? What if the cert has already expired?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See the wiki at Chase Free Night Certificate
Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself: If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Credit Card Offers ARCHIVED (2016-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:28 pm

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Card discussion, 2020 to present

Holy cross-posting!

Why would you associate an image error on the Chase website with some sort of account issue? Did you try clearing your browser cache? Using a different one?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
Holy cross-posting!

Why would you associate an image error on the Chase website with some sort of account issue? Did you try clearing your browser cache? Using a different one?
cleared cache, used different browser, prayed to the gods of the Olympus. The image is gone... It is also gone from the mobile app.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:07 am

Is it possible to apply for both the consumer and the business Marriott cards and receive 2 free nights/yr and 2x the sign up bonus and 2x any other bonuses/card?
If possible to get 2 free nights can they be used on the same reservation or must be used on different reservations?
Combining free nights and reward nights should be ok in the same reservation, right?
TIA
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:12 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Has anyone had an issue with 6x points not posting for a Marriott Property? I had a stay at the Nines Portland Marriott Luxury Collection that Chase marketing is insisting is not a Marriott hotel. The customer service supervisor I am speaking to right now actually gave me a website to go to that will show whether a hotel will earn 6x points and the hotel name pops right up, although they claim it isn't for them.

Not sure why they don't just give me 2000 bonus Marriott points to cover the difference in my stay, but at this point I'm fighting it based on principal.

Last edited by bigshooter; Nov 20, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jimbous
Is it possible to apply for both the consumer and the business Marriott cards and receive 2 free nights/yr and 2x the sign up bonus and 2x any other bonuses/card?
If possible to get 2 free nights can they be used on the same reservation or must be used on different reservations?
Combining free nights and reward nights should be ok in the same reservation, right?
TIA
1. It is possible to get both cards and a bonus on each. I'd wait 30/31 days between applications.

2. The free nights are booked separately but can be for consecutive nights.

3. The rez. numbers are unique because you have to book pts and free nights separately. But, yes, you can string together multiple nights.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:37 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Has anyone had an issue with 6x points not posting for a Marriott Property? I had a stay at the Nines Portland Marriott Luxury Collection that Chase marketing is insisting is not a Marriott hotel. The customer service supervisor I am speaking to right now actually gave me a website to go to that will show whether a hotel will earn 6x points and the hotel name pops right up, although they claim it isn't for them.

Not sure why they don't just give me 2000 bonus Marriott points to cover the difference in my stay, but at this point I'm fighting it based on principal.
I have never had that happening before... let us know how this turns out.. can you post a copy of the website link?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by t1c
I have never had that happening before... let us know how this turns out.. can you post a copy of the website link?
The first supervisor seemed to be from somewhere overseas and was not a clear communicator.

he provided http://www.marriotrewards.com/use - Hotel showed up there.
he called Marriott Rewards CS - they confirmed it was a particpating hotel
he cited terms and conditions - they showed Luxury collection

Fortunately I HUCA and found a Chase rep who is owning this and taking this info to marketing to make sure it's figured out.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Today I got a targeted offer for 3 free nights (3 35k certs) as a sign up bonus for the Marriott card, in exchange for $3k spending. That seems to me to be a big jump up from previous offers. I'm assuming this is the best offer I'll see, but I wouldn't jump on it until asking about it here. With offers this big, I wonder if Chase has some sort of sign up commitment to Marriott that they are not achieving.

A link to the fine print:

Offer Details
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Today I got a targeted offer for 3 free nights (3 35k certs) as a sign up bonus for the Marriott card, in exchange for $3k spending. That seems to me to be a big jump up from previous offers. I'm assuming this is the best offer I'll see, but I wouldn't jump on it until asking about it here. With offers this big, I wonder if Chase has some sort of sign up commitment to Marriott that they are not achieving.
A link to the fine print:

Offer Details
It may not be "that big" to Chase. Keep in mind that these certificates have a one-year expiration, and so they're not all the same thing as 3x35k points. And Chase probably has statistics from Marriott (Marriott certainly has those statistics) about how many free night certs people let expire.

In fact, in the Marriott forum, whenever there's a promo that gives a free night cert instead of points, people complain that they wanted to the use points for a property that the cert didn't cover and/or that they want to use those points more than year from now by which time the cert will have expired.

Also, you don't get 3x35k use out of it if you use the 35k certs for 25k or 17.5k hotels, which many people end up doing. Looking at that way it's also not so big. In fact, if all you use it for is 25k hotels, 3x25k is less than 80k, which I seem to recall was a previous signup bonus.

Plus it's not clear how many hotels will end up being exactly 35k, because of "high" and "low" season stuff they're starting next year. It could be that most people will only be able to get at most 30k value out of a 35k cert, because the hotels will either be 30k in low season or 40k (for which you can't use a 35k cert) in high season.

So maybe it seems like a "big jump" for you if you can indeed make great use of these three certs in the next year at exactly 35k value for each, but that doesn't mean that it works for everyone.

Meanwhile giving just one-year certs as a signup bonus is not all that new, even for Chase. It may be new for the regular Marriott card, but it's been done a lot on the Rtiz card from Chase in recent years, and keep in mind that Ritz is being merged into Marriott a the same time that SPG is.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 28, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by bigshooter
Has anyone had an issue with 6x points not posting for a Marriott Property?
I have had this happen all of the time. I believe it tends to happen on properties that don't use the regular MCC categories for Marriott branded entities. Autograph, Luxury Collection, etc.

Small note, it never gets fixed. You have to request the manual bonus points every time. The way I submit the request is to send a secure message indicating the transaction and missing bonus points note. Then, I also include the marriott.com exact website for that property's main page. Points are awarded every time.

So, if you are staying at one of the independent properties which is frankly a major asset to the Marriott program, get used for asking for the adjustment correction every time.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Today I got a targeted offer for 3 free nights (3 35k certs) as a sign up bonus for the Marriott card, in exchange for $3k spending.
DW got the same offer a few days ago. Best case equivalent points value of 105k is nice -- but that's strictly best case. The certs will almost certainly have a 12 month expiry and there's no residual value for spending less than 35k per night. Unless I was already planning travel suitable to use these certs I'd wait for an old-fashioned points offer.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Looking to get Marriott CC while I am still under 5/24. Is a way to get the targeted 3 free night offer that people are posting about above? Haven't seen any mail/emails for it and only see the standard 2 night over when on my account on marriott.com.

Last edited by flyguy6; Jan 3, 2019 at 11:23 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:05 am

go to chase's site

Originally Posted by flyguy6
Looking to get Marriott CC while I am still under 5/24. Is a way to get the targeted 3 free night offer that people are posting about above? Haven't seen any mail/emails for it and only see the standard 2 night over when on my account on marriott.com.

I am not the all pro here but I would say that if you cannot get the 3 night offer (which I have never seen myself) then I would take the 75K offer because the points will last longer than the free nights and you can make the points go farther if you do not stay at category 5 properties. Just a thought anyway! BTW, don't forget the business card. That will allow you a second free anniversary night and another 75K points.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
That is a good point. The 75k offer seems kind of weak compared to historical offers (100k) but at the same I don't want to wait and slow myself down on other card signups. Free anniversary night and 15 elite nights will make it a card I want to keep long term but not on I will put a lot of expenses on.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:26 pm

UPDATE - 3 night offer does exist

Originally Posted by flyguy6
That is a good point. The 75k offer seems kind of weak compared to historical offers (100k) but at the same I don't want to wait and slow myself down on other card signups. Free anniversary night and 15 elite nights will make it a card I want to keep long term but not on I will put a lot of expenses on.
UPDATE... I got the business card and now they have made the 3 night signup bonus for 3K spend offer available to me to give out by referral link. The link appears to be for the consumer card, not the business card.... I guess my main point is that now I have seen with my own eyes that the 3 night offer really does exist.

Last edited by mia; Jan 11, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.