Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
This thread is now archived.

Continue the discussion here: HERE

Prior thread: Pre-2016 discussions archived HERE.

Similar thread on IHG Forum here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1232030-annual-free-night-cert-ihg-rewards-club-visa-mastercard-23.html Currently, the IHG credit card is NOT subject to Chase's 5/24 restriction.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As of April 2018, a new IHG card is being released. There are changes, including a limit to the value of the annual free night certificate (40,000 point vs. any hotel).
Ongoing discussion can be found here, in the IHG forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...valuation.html

Existing card members can use "any hotel" certificates that were issued/will be issued prior to April 30th. Any Anniversary Night issued BEFORE May 1, 2018 is still valid at any IHG hotel worldwide.
Certificates issued AFTER May 1 will be under the new T & C's.

From Chase:

Update: We’re changing the Anniversary Free Night on your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card

On May 1, 2018, we’re changing the Anniversary Free Night benefit associated with your IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card.

Here’s what’s changing
Currently, we award this Anniversary Free Night each year after your anniversary date, and it is redeemable at any IHG property. Going forward, Anniversary Free Nights issued after May 1, 2018, will be redeemable at eligible IHG hotels with a redemption value up to and including 40,000 points.

Here is the list of IHG hotels that will NO LONGER be available for certificate redemption: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/partner-offers/anniversary-free-night?_PMID=99634986&cm_mmc=CJ-_-4453693-_-7718223-_-www.ihg.com%2Fcontent&glat=AFFI&setPMCookies=true& url=https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/partner-offers/anniversary-free-night

Current public offers, as of 9/1/17
See post 527 regarding an 80,000-point offer: "When I made my reservation, when I got past the point of picking my hotel, and picked my room, there was an active link on the bottom of the page for the 80000+$50 offer."

All offers have the following terms/benefits:
  • Signup bonus earned after $1,000/$2000 spend in first 3 months
  • Starting on the first anniversary of account opening, a free night every year at any [effective with Anniversary Certs issued on 01 May 2018, redeemable only at properties 40,000 points and under] IHG hotel. (Cert may be redeemed online.)
  • 5 points per $ spent at IHG hotels
  • 2 points per $ spent on gas, groceries and dining
  • 1 point per $ on everything else
  • 10% points rebate on any redemptions. ("Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account")
  • No fee 1st year, then $49.
  • No foreign transaction fees.
  • IHG Platinum status for as long as you hold the card.
Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from IHG (Rewards Club) Visa / Mastercard.

Q. Once I meet the $1000 (or $2000) spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?
Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. For answers to these and other questions, see the wiki and related discussion in the master discussion thread Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Q. Will the signup bonus count toward Spire Elite status?

A. No
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards MasterCard [now 60,000 pts]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:25 pm

Just called the number and was approved for the 80k bonus, but no $50 credit. I'm happy!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:26 am

Phone number for 80,000 points worked like a charm

Phone number for 80,000 points worked like a charm. Was offered 80k off the bat. no statement credit. App is in process since I have a security hold will call tomorrow if they don't call me today. Great info thanks!!!

Originally Posted by prech
8772740851. I then continued the application successfully.

Few minutes later, I called the 877 number with my family member and we encountered an automated menu, with #1 to apply. We pressed 1 and encountered the same, right off the bat, the rep said "we're pleased to offer you this offer..." and went into the 80k offer details. We applied and got the further review notice.

Just to test it out for the community, I called up the 877 number an hour later on a whim and once again was offered the same 80k promo immediately, so it seems this may be a direct number for the offer without need for haggling/inquiring about available offers.

Anyhow, caveat emptor!
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by shonuffharlem
Phone number for 80,000 points worked like a charm. Was offered 80k off the bat. no statement credit. App is in process since I have a security hold will call tomorrow if they don't call me today. Great info thanks!!!
Yep, the phone number is the real deal. My 24 month clock for a new IHG finally rang yesterday and I called the number to apply. No BS, she just said, we see you're interested in the IHG Card, we can offer 80K points, are you ready to apply? Went through all the info and boom, approved!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:47 pm

applied online for 60k+$50 like 2 weeks ago. $50 statement posted, haven't met $1k spend, sent SM about 80k match, received reply matching to 80k, no mention of $50 credit. I got the same kind of message I got with my UA explorer match, about sending another message after min spend and the extra points will be credited. I'm pretty confident i got 80k+$50. So, luck of the draw.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
80k Bonus posted today. Unlike last year, bonus did not count towards Spire status for me. Seems odd to me since all other purchases count towards it. Any other data points?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by pairofkeets
80k Bonus posted today. Unlike last year, bonus did not count towards Spire status for me. Seems odd to me since all other purchases count towards it. Any other data points?
It's discussed in Spire threads in the IHG forum that CC signup bonuses counted toward Spire for a period of time until IHG closed the loophole last summer.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm planing to use my annual Chase free night certificate in Barcelona but when i tried making a reservation it looks like there's €45 fee? Is there tax and / free associated with using the annual certificate?

I don't think there are fees booking with points right? At least not in the US... I'm not sure if its any difference for Europe.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:35 pm

Called in for the 80,000 offer. Instant approval, 6 new accounts in the last year for me.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I'm planing to use my annual Chase free night certificate in Barcelona but when i tried making a reservation it looks like there's €45 fee? Is there tax and / free associated with using the annual certificate?

I don't think there are fees booking with points right? At least not in the US... I'm not sure if its any difference for Europe.
There should be no taxes or fees to redeem your free night certificate.

Sometimes you'll see the amount IHG is reimbursing the hotel. That could be a figure like €45. But usually that figure pops up mistakenly in paperwork at check-in if it appears at all, not at the time of booking your reservation online.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
There should be no taxes or fees to redeem your free night certificate.

Sometimes you'll see the amount IHG is reimbursing the hotel. That could be a figure like €45. But usually that figure pops up mistakenly in paperwork at check-in if it appears at all, not at the time of booking your reservation online.
Weird. I saw it yesterday but I don't see it today when I searched again. So I phoned in the reservation and was told no charges either. All is well. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:16 pm

Called the 800 number and went thru the long phone app process.

Was told I would have an answer in 7-10 days. Great, was really not hoping to deal with the "new" Chase recon team. Hopefully this goes into approval soon. If approved, will this be added to my Chase CC page automatically?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by ckfosho
I made a 700 dollar purchase, and 350 organic spend on my IHG card. I returned the 700 dollar purchase a week later because it didn't work out. My points had posted immediately to Chase. The 60k points were transferred over to IHG even after the return and I received the 50 dollar statement credit. Might be a statement thing. Got the points, and booked places through point breakers.
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your IHG account to show the 60k bonus points after your statement closed?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by adschnei
Was told I would have an answer in 7-10 days. Great, was really not hoping to deal with the "new" Chase recon team. Hopefully this goes into approval soon. If approved, will this be added to my Chase CC page automatically?
IME, yes, new cards are added automatically to my Chase login. There's an automated application status check by calling 800.436.7927. If it says you'll hear in 7-10 days, usually that means you're declined, while 2 weeks usually means you're approved. Of course, probably best to wait on recon until you get a letter.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:40 am

I just got the 80,000 plus the $50
go into the website of IHG, then sigh into your account, then try reserving a room in any city as "best Available", then on the next page go to the bottom of page you will see a invite for the offer
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Originally Posted by Kyprain
I just got the 80,000 plus the $50
go into the website of IHG, then sigh into your account, then try reserving a room in any city as "best Available", then on the next page go to the bottom of page you will see a invite for the offer
I just tried, could not get the offer to show up. I had 60 K + $50 offer even after logging in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.