Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bvanderhaar
I got a similar mailed offer that tells me to go to UnitedExplorerCard.com/Bonus7. No SC, but the 60K + 5K AU. No clue if it's target/linked to my account.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I read the last few comments and the wiki and didn't see it.
Try this link and see if you get the $50SC.
https://www.theexplorercard.com/60k50AFIC
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
I received the 60K + 5K AU + $100 SC with 3K spend, $95 AF not waived from United.

I have the UA Club card and was going to product change it soon. This now gives me the option to get a MPE sign-up bonus that's better than the current public offer. This approval would get me to 5/24 (but I drop back down to 4/24 in Nov), so my plan is to apply for the MPE and product change the UA Club card to the no-annual fee United card (or maybe the TravelCheck one?). We'll see if Chase can handle my applications and secure messaging about United co-branded cards and product changes. haha.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by bvanderhaar
I got a similar mailed offer that tells me to go to UnitedExplorerCard.com/Bonus7. No SC, but the 60K + 5K AU. No clue if it's target/linked to my account.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I read the last few comments and the wiki and didn't see it.
received similar mailer, apply by 11/15/17, different url: unitedexplorercard.com/travel8

says invitation only on the mailer and requires you to login to see the offer.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question 5K for AU also for Biz card

Does the Explorer Biz has 5K miles for AU?
Any time limit after getting the card?
I got the card in Apr-2017.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:52 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by RNE
Promotional offers will not immunize you. Good luck.
I suspect you're right and the statement that "This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months" leaves out other conditions.

But I decided to try anyway. I'm grasping at straws, of course, but the mailer says, "Congratulations, David, on using your miles for an award." I did redeem an award recently, so my offer seems to be one targeted to people who don't have the card and recently redeemed an award. I'm pending, and expecting nothing, so if I have any good news to report, it will be a surprise, and I'll certainly mention it here.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:47 am

Maybe I'm missing something in the posts of wiki somewhere, but I had some basic questions that I can't seem to find the answer.

1.) When does the PQD waiver go into effect. Is it at the actual point you reach the $25k spend in a year, or does it need to wait until the billing cycle closes?

2.) Does the status immediately count for the current year, and into the next year from the point you reach the waiver? Or, is really just a waiver for the upcoming year?

The reason I ask is that I was just approved for the card, but I likely will hit the $25k in the month of December. I also will hit 50,000 PQM sometime in the month of December. When I looked in my UA account, it only shows the spending through the end of the last statement, and not up to date spending. My December spend will mostly close in January.

3.) So, if both of those come together at some point in December, will I be gold status in December of this year, as well as gold status going into 2017?

I don't know why I can't find these answers easy enough.

*** Edit: Nevermind, I found this thread. Chase UA PQD Waiver Q&A: when updated, calendar year, cancellation,.. [Consoldiated]

I might as well leave it up there for others as a reference.

Last edited by Newgene; Oct 3, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:10 am
RNE

Originally Posted by srdshelly
I suspect you're right and the statement that "This product is available to you if you do not have this Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this Card in the past 24 months" leaves out other conditions.

But I decided to try anyway. I'm grasping at straws, of course, but the mailer says, "Congratulations, David, on using your miles for an award." I did redeem an award recently, so my offer seems to be one targeted to people who don't have the card and recently redeemed an award. I'm pending, and expecting nothing, so if I have any good news to report, it will be a surprise, and I'll certainly mention it here.
Good for you!

RNE, bragging that if I have done nothing else in my learned tenure at Flyertalk it is to promulgate this lesson: Don't be afraid to try.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:39 pm

I applied for the United Mileage Plus card with a 60k targeted offer (unitedexplorercard.com/bonus8), received pending notification, and then was approved 4 days later. At the time I had 4 personal cards in 24 months.

Received the card in the mail this week with a letter saying that Chase had taken credit from 2 of my accounts (Sapphire Reserve & Ink Bold) to approve the new card.

I went to use it today and it was declined, so I called and was told that the account has been closed. Chase said they should not have taken credit from a business card for a personal card, so to "fix" the error they closed the account. They were not able to re-open the account, although I offered to take credit from a different personal account and/or reduce the credit limit.

Chase said I would have to re-apply.. However I had been approved for the Barclays AA card just after the United card so now I'm at 5/24. I tried applying and was denied for 5/24.

Am I out of luck?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jessie061
I applied for the United Mileage Plus card with a 60k targeted offer (unitedexplorercard.com/bonus8), received pending notification, and then was approved 4 days later. At the time I had 4 personal cards in 24 months.

Received the card in the mail this week with a letter saying that Chase had taken credit from 2 of my accounts (Sapphire Reserve & Ink Bold) to approve the new card.

I went to use it today and it was declined, so I called and was told that the account has been closed. Chase said they should not have taken credit from a business card for a personal card, so to "fix" the error they closed the account. They were not able to re-open the account, although I offered to take credit from a different personal account and/or reduce the credit limit.

Chase said I would have to re-apply.. However I had been approved for the Barclays AA card just after the United card so now I'm at 5/24. I tried applying and was denied for 5/24.
In case anyone remains unclear on the advantages of strategically lowering your Chase CL *before* a new application, as recommended in the master thread's wiki, this should serve as another cautionary tale.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:19 pm

I applied for the personal Chase United card on October 1. I had an offer for 40K, 5K for additional user, and $100 statement credit.

I was 4/24. FICO is 800+. No high balances. No derogatory marks.

I had this card previously, but it had been over 24 months since I received the bonus and over a year since I closed the account. In the interim I had the CSR.

I got the dreaded “30 days” notice upon submitting the application. I called the automated status line the next day, and it indicated “2 to 4 weeks.” That gave me a little hope. A day or two later it changed to “7 to 10 business days,” so I was prepared for a denial.

I figured they saw I had this card previously and branded me a churner.

Today I got a letter from Chase. Instead of a denial, it was the Fraud Dept. asking me to confirm that I indeed applied. I have to call Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday.

I’m a current Chase customer. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just called me to verify that I applied.

I wonder if the Equifax breach is causing Chase to flag more applications as possible fraud.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
I applied for the personal Chase United card on October 1. I had an offer for 40K, 5K for additional user, and $100 statement credit.

I was 4/24. FICO is 800+. No high balances. No derogatory marks.

I had this card previously, but it had been over 24 months since I received the bonus and over a year since I closed the account. In the interim I had the CSR.

I got the dreaded “30 days” notice upon submitting the application. I called the automated status line the next day, and it indicated “2 to 4 weeks.” That gave me a little hope. A day or two later it changed to “7 to 10 business days,” so I was prepared for a denial.

I figured they saw I had this card previously and branded me a churner.

Today I got a letter from Chase. Instead of a denial, it was the Fraud Dept. asking me to confirm that I indeed applied. I have to call Tuesday, as Monday is a holiday.

I’m a current Chase customer. I don’t know why they couldn’t have just called me to verify that I applied.

I wonder if the Equifax breach is causing Chase to flag more applications as possible fraud.
Pretty standard stuff. Have encountered this for me and family multiple times the past two years.

Physical snail mail is safer to them than calling a phone number. That said, have heard a few DPs of recon calling applicants, but generally, it is by mail.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by osotoc
I received the 60K + 5K AU + $100 SC with 3K spend, $95 AF not waived from United.
Was just approved for the above offer. 👍
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:17 am

I am targeted for the 60K + 5K AU + $100 SC and I am under 5/24. I last received this bonus on 11-1-15. Is it safe to apply for the card on 11-2-17 or do I need to wait longer?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I was recently on UA flight and saw the 50k offer and snapped a pic of the website, however when I went to apply it says I need a promo code from the FA, does anyone have that?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by N104UA
I was recently on UA flight and saw the 50k offer and snapped a pic of the website, however when I went to apply it says I need a promo code from the FA, does anyone have that?
Those are often hand written on the physical application. But there are 50K bonus point offers in the wiki. Was the on-board offer better than what's written above?

Originally Posted by nikita606
I am targeted for the 60K + 5K AU + $100 SC and I am under 5/24. I last received this bonus on 11-1-15. Is it safe to apply for the card on 11-2-17 or do I need to wait longer?
Personally, I'd wait a month. I'm risk adverse when it comes to those kind of things. If you're in a big hurry, I'd wait at least a week or 10 days. There's always the risk that the offer disappears from your online account, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.