Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Use UR points to buy ticket for someone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

A short while ago I purchased a UA ticket for myself with about 37K UR points because the ticket would have cost me 50K UA award points if I had transferred UR points to my UA account and then redeemed them. I now face a similar situation where I want to get a UA ticket for my sister and it would be cheaper to just buy the ticket with my UR points than to transfer UR points to my UA account and then pay for her ticket with my UA points redemption. Is there anything in the UR rules that precludes my buying a ticket with UR points for someone other than myself?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Can I use my points to book flights for someone else?

Yes, you can use your points to book travel for another person. When you enter the traveler information during checkout, make sure to provide that person's contact information (phone number and email) so they'll receive the appropriate communications. The trip details will still be stored in your own My Trips section. The ticket must be booked in the traveler's name and, once booked, the ticket is non-transferable.
https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....=&item=1204001

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.