Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Primary Insurance Coverage-CSP- in Iceland

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Primary Insurance Coverage-CSP- in Iceland

I apologize if this has ben posted already (I read through some posts but I was still unclear about my question)

I am renting a car in Iceland, and CDW coverage is provided free with the rental. I do not own a car or have any insurance of my own. I was told that I should not get CDW coverage when renting a car with Sapphire card because it will only cover the amount up to the deductible.

So does this mean that I should still get the CDW coverage because the Sapphire will cover the deductible and CDW covers the rest? Or should I ask them to remove the free coverage and allow the Sapphire to cover everything. Sorry if this is an ignorant question (still not a big boy yet when it comes to these matters)
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

What's the deductible on the "free" CDW coverage? Is that coverage optional/waivable?

You might want to consult with CSP insurance services about this.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
When the CDW is included per local laws (i.e., you cannot waive it) - the CC coverage will apply.

I would recommend you to call them, get a case number, and have them document in their system that you are going to rent in a country where the CDW cannot be waived (they will know which countries are those).

Luckily, I never needed to use the coverage, but while renting in Italy that was the process I've followed. Unfortunately, they will not send you a written notification of the fact that the insurance will apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.