Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Which Chase card you consider to be most beneficial now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

If you are thinking about applying for a new co branded Chase card now how would you rank the top 3 and why?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by best
If you are thinking about applying for a new co branded Chase card now how would you rank the top 3 and why?
It depends. Are you interested in sign-up bonuses, and if so, for what? Airline travel (if so, between what cities, and in what class of service)? Free hotel nights?

Also, what are your everyday spend patterns?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:15 pm
rev

Just co-branded cards? I don't even think I could rank them since, to me, they're only useful for the large signup bonuses. They may offer a couple perks like free checked bags or hotel upgrades when available, but most of Chase's co-branded cards only have bonus categories for booking with the brand, which I'll likely never use often enough to justify keeping the cards for the fee. The hotel cards have an advantage with their annual free stay, but those who travel more than just a couple times a year would have a different answer than me I'm sure.

It's all about what brands you're loyal to.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:53 am

I don't find the cobranded cards all that useful. 3 of my 4 are not cobranded.

Why do you ask? Are you looking to apply? If so, you need to clarify what you're looking for rather than relying on polling others.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by takeshi74

Why do you ask? Are you looking to apply? If so, you need to clarify what you're looking for rather than relying on polling others.
I beg to differ, free night no restrictions IHG for $49 has got to be one of the best cards to just keep around.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
"Which Chase card you consider to be most beneficial now?"

Ink Plus is the most beneficial to me.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rev
Just co-branded cards?
Originally Posted by takeshi74

Have you not heard? Since May, Chase seems to be no longer giving UR cards (at least personal ones) to anyone who has gotten more than about 5 new cards (from any banks) in the past 24 months.

So any modest-to-heavy churners are ruled out from getting Freedom, Sapphire Plus, etc, right now.

Thus modest-to-heavy churners can only consider cobranded cards from Chase (since the 5/24 scenario has yet been reported to be applied to cobranded cards). And even some light churners (3 cards a year is light churning, isn't it?) are ruled out of UR cards now.

See this thread (starting with its Wiki, and then recent posts) for much more:
I agree with Frudd38, if you want a "keeper" Chase cobranded card, go for one of their three "net negative annual fee" hotel cards (which give you free hotel night certificates which are likely to be valued more than the annual fee itself by most people who need at least one hotel night a year), for IHG, Marriott, and Hyatt.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 17, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:06 pm
rev

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Have you not heard?
Yes, I have. Too many times unfortunately...but I never even mentioned applying for anything you're talking about. Pretty bold assumption based off a very small amount of information, if you ask me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.