Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking reward tickets through sapphire points (UR)_

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking reward tickets through sapphire points (UR)_

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

I was attempting to book my NRT-HKG tickets through BA tonight and noticed a few things. For business, the only wanted 21k miles and $90, not complaining. So I have 2 adults and 1 lap child. We dont have a name yet. How should I proceed? do the lap child later on? How is the lap child fare calculated? current highest price?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

(Deleted.)

Last edited by guv1976; Aug 12, 2015 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by just_me_13
I was attempting to book my NRT-HKG tickets through BA tonight and noticed a few things. For business, the only wanted 21k miles and $90, not complaining. So I have 2 adults and 1 lap child. We dont have a name yet. How should I proceed? do the lap child later on? How is the lap child fare calculated? current highest price?
BA does not charge 21K Avios + $90 per person in Business for NRT-HKG. Please re-read Post #12.

I'm not sure if BA will let you make an Avios redemption for an unnamed (unborn?) child. Call the BAEC Service Center and ask about how to proceed.

You should also investigate whether your child will need a passport for your trip.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks Guv. I called BA and they said it was 20k per person. I only deposited 22k into the account and paid $314 for taxes and the remaining balance. Maybe not a wise thing to do, but i think of it as $314 for the business seats on CX, win. The remaining 20k miles I saved could hopefully be used better elsewhere.

As for the child, yes on passport. The lady said I can add the infant when he is born then pay the 10% Avios fee.

Now waiting for my KF miles to show up in my account so I can book the rest. Thanks again for your tips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.