Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Possible to convert Chase United Select to Sapphire Preferred?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

My understanding is that with UR, there is is no fee to transfer points with a spouse. As such I am wondering if it is possible to convert a Chase United Select Visa to a Sapphire Preferred. Anyone happen to know?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:12 am

I'm not sure if you can convert the cards, but I would rather sign up for a new Sapphire Preferred card and get the bonus points. Why say no to 40,000 UR points?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:12 am
In memoriam

Agree-no point to converting and not getting new account bonus.

But, I wonder if OP isn't really thinking about some way to move UAL miles to spouse? Perhaps OP can provide more info.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Appreciate the replies. Mainly looking for a better (cheaper) way to move miles/points between me and the wife. United charges arm and leg. The wife's Select card has a long credit history so we wouldn't want to get rid of it. And don't really want to pay for two cards.

EDIT: Ok so finally spoke with a rep. No conversions between United cards and SP. Such is life.

Last edited by PackingIt; Dec 10, 2014 at 4:21 pm
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Why do you need to transfer miles? You can book a flight in her name with your points.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

I am the larger accruer of miles but sometimes short a few thousand for reward tickets for the two of us. We then have to pay to transfer miles from her account to mine. Would prefer to not have to pay

Originally Posted by txflyer77
Why do you need to transfer miles? You can book a flight in her name with your points.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:03 am
In memoriam

OP, I assume you and/or your wife don't have a Sapphire Preferred or INK card.

Get one or more and you can apparently transfer the Ultimate Rewards Points from bonus and spend to your spouse. http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ewards-points/

Then, easy conversion to UAL miles. And, no fees to pay.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I do, wife does not. We may need to get her a CSP as well.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:31 pm

Chase does not allow product changes unless it's their own point system. IE: UR earning card to a different UR earning card.

Can't do United Miles earning card to Ultimate Rewards
Can't do British Airways to Ultimate Rewards
Can't do Amazon to Ultimate Rewards
Can't do Ultimate Rewards to Amtrak
Can't do Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt

Can do Sapphire Preferred to Freedom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.